Protein Powder

JLS_NJ
on 12/30/13 12:38 am
RNY on 10/15/13

http://m.target.com/p/market-pantry-chocolate-whey-protein-powder-32-oz/-/A-14362191Target brand - Chocolate whey Protein Powder.  It's labeled new formula.  

160 calories - 25 g Protein - 8 g Carbs - 2 g Sugars 

taste amazing - best one I've had yet.  I mix with water.  It's creamy and thickens a little.  

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

queenbmamafranks
on 12/30/13 12:56 am
RNY on 12/19/13

I might have to try this. Have you tried it like hot chocolate? I haven't hit my daily protein goal yet... Getting closer though.

queenbmamafranks
on 12/30/13 1:00 am
RNY on 12/19/13

It seems like a lot of calories though. My protein mix has 100 calories to make an 8-16 oz shake depending on taste preference.  But I mix it with milk so I guess it would end up being the same...

poet_kelly
on 12/30/13 1:17 am - OH

I prefer to use protein powder with about 100 calories per scoop.  I like my protein shakes made with milk (or almond milk sometimes) and that way I can make a shake that ends up with about 200 calories counting the protein powder and the milk.  I've tasted very few that I like the taste of mixed with water.  To me, the milk makes them significantly better.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 12/30/13 6:37 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM Pacific Time, JLS_NJ wrote:

http://m.target.com/p/market-pantry-chocolate-whey-protein-powder-32-oz/-/A-14362191Target brand - Chocolate whey Protein Powder.  It's labeled new formula.  

160 calories - 25 g Protein - 8 g Carbs - 2 g Sugars 

taste amazing - best one I've had yet.  I mix with water.  It's creamy and thickens a little.  

For me, it is too many calories for the protein and too many carbs, as well. I like a lower carb shake personally, but if you enjoy it and it is working for you, then go for it! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

JLS_NJ
on 12/30/13 6:59 am
RNY on 10/15/13

PetHairMagnet - what do you use?  The only other powder I liked was 6 carb grams.   I thought 8 was pretty good. 

JLS in Central Jersey

Empty Nester - working toward a healthier ME!

poet_kelly
on 12/30/13 7:40 am - OH

I don't think 8 grams of carbs is bad.  My favorite protein powder is Syntrax Nectar cappuccino, and I like the Syntrax vanilla bean torte a lot, too.  Those are both 0 carbs and about 100 calories per scoop.  However, I'd still use those if they had 8 grams of carbs.  Having a protein shake I really like is important to me and if the only one I liked had 8 grams of carbs, then 8 grams of carbs I would have.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.