6 months

glamourqueen64
on 1/3/14 7:54 am - OH
RNY on 07/02/13 with

Hi there all! Jan 2 was my 6 month surgiversary! Began this journey with consult on Jan 3, 2013. I now weigh in at 180 lbs. On Jan 3, 2013 I weighed in a 275.4! So far, I have lost a total of 95 lbs!!! Since surgery (233 lbs) I have lost 53 lbs. I am not losing fast like most of you, because about 2 1/2 months ago, I had to quit the gym because of a very painful heel spur on the right foot, then my other ankle that had surgery on it in June of 2012 to reconstruct the ligament also began to act up. I have had swelling and major pain in that area again, so I am not currently able to do the walking, treadmill, or bicycle, or even the elliptical, so I have given up the gym membership for now.

I am not discouraged! I may have only lost 4-5 lbs this past month, but I am still losing. Back in January of last year, I was wearing a 24 pants, and a 3-4x shirt!! Now, I am in 16 misses, and only an XL in shirts! No more plus sizes for me! Yippeee!!! I have a tub full of 14's and L's just waiting to come out in the next couple of months!! Whoot, whoot!

Thank you for all the encouraging words and helpful advice. I am still in the regular routine of taking all my vitamins, calcium, Vit D3, biotin, B12, and cranberry gel tab. I still can not eat over 3 oz of meat. I have tried mashed potatoes a few times, but it never agrees with me like a baked potato. I still will have 3-5 protein shakes in a week. I only use Unjury shakes. I have tried to eat a few things gradually, although I have tried a sweet or two and it is not going to work for me. And I am glad of that because sweets were my downfall!!!

I pray every one had a fabulous Christmas and hope the new year is starting out right. We had a scare as my mother had a heart attack on New Year's eve. On new years day, with morphine and nitroglycerin, she still had chest pains. They did an emergency heart cath at 9:30 pm and found her front artery was 80-90 blocked and they had to put in two stents in that artery! Doc said he is thankful they did it when they did or she may not have made it through the night! She is now home and resting! She should be feeling better in the next week or so! I am thanking the Lord for that! Have a blessed weekend, and all those in the cold, stay warm as it is going to get colder!!

Connie

HW: 275.4     SW:  233     CW:  180    GW:  150

tdbull
on 1/3/14 8:43 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Terrific success - congratulations to you. You're doing fantastic!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

_nicky_
on 1/3/14 9:23 am - OK
RNY on 06/25/13

Congratulations on your weight loss!

Sorry about your mom...glad she on the mend. 

5'6"   HW: 297   SW: 274   CW: 194   GW: 135

Total loss: 103 lbs    Surgery loss: 80 lbs    Left to lose: 59 lbs

martitalinda
on 1/3/14 9:45 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Connie!!! I am soooooooo glad your mom was seen and stabilized, what a scare, best wishes for her continued recovery and best wishes to YOU on your continued awesome weight loss ... enjoy every moment of going down the sizes and all the SV and NSV moments that are so special.  Best wishes for a great New Year. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Karen R.
on 1/3/14 10:58 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better.  Congratulations on all your success.  It sounds like you're doing great!

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?