Indiana St V's Nutrition Class

Angie68
on 1/5/14 9:25 am - Economy, IN

I am actually a future DS'r. I decided to post here because Im thinking I might get more feedback over here. It seems there are more RNY done in Indiana than the DS. My DS is scheduled for Jan 23. I have a nutrition class this Tues the 7th that I am told is required before surgery. As you fellow Hoosiers know the weather in Indy is terrible right now. They are having blizzard conditions with wind chill of 40 below & lots of blowing and drifting. This is suppose to last thru Tues evening. I have had both hips & a knee replaced. In fact I am still on a walker from the last hip surgery. I fear walking on the snow & ice more than I do driving on it. Has anyone had to miss a nut class at St V's in Carmel? How will it affect my surgery? Will they actually postpone if I can't make it? I will gladly mail in the required program fee. What are the chances that St V's will cancel this class?

Lisa87
on 1/5/14 9:54 am
RNY on 12/13/13

I did my class 10 days before my surgery. They have them on Tuesdays so you may have to catch the next one, on the 14th. It will all work out. BUT I know you are probably anxious. Give 'em a call in the morning and check with them. OR email..... I am sure with the weather they will have to be understanding. I have my first post- op appointment on Wednesday- But if we are all still digging out from this mess, I may have to reschedule. I live 2 hours north of Indy. Hang in there!

Lisa87 

5'4"

poet_kelly
on 1/5/14 9:54 am - OH

Why not give them a call in the morning and ask? 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Angie68
on 1/5/14 10:23 am - Economy, IN

I will most def call tomorrow & ask. Just thought I would pick a few brains on here in the mean time. Just nervous about it. Not to mention I have a bad case of cabin fever & am extremely bored!

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/14 10:26 am

You could ask you if you could use a teleconference.

Angie68
on 1/7/14 6:34 am - Economy, IN

Well I made it! My husband's factory ended up closing and he was able to take me. Pulled me right up to the door, got me in the building & parked the car. IT was a solid sheet of ice all the way on I70 & frigid cold. There is no way I would have done it. I may have attempted it but would have turned around & came back! There were 4 of us scheduled for today & 2 of us showed up. Just so thankful to get it over with. Now come on surgery date!