Hungry all the time!

Jen75
on 1/8/14 11:02 am
RNY on 07/18/13

So I went the first 5 months with hardly ever being hungry.  I would have to remind myself to eat and now starting this past week I am hungry and eating all the time. I don't eat as much as I use to...but I am eating hourly. I try to tell my self not to be hungry and to ignore it and it will pass, but I go crazy in my head till I eat. Is this normal? And will it go away?  I am kind of scared that I will be one of those to put all the weight right back on.

Sherrie P.
on 1/8/14 11:03 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Well... at 11 months out -- it hasn't gone away.  I started getting hungry again at about 5-6 months and I still am.  Just plan for it.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Jen75
on 1/8/14 11:10 am
RNY on 07/18/13

Are you still losing weight?  I am at 5.5month out right now. I am scared with all I am eating that the weight loss will stop.  I am eating mostly healthy stuff.  At least once a day I admit I do have popcorn.  

cabin111
on 1/8/14 11:22 am

I was just going to do a post about something like this.  I'm over 7 years out and have never felt hungry.  Others are different.  I get that "not full feeling"...But it isn't hunger.  Many times I will stuff myself with vegetables just to get that full feeling like what we did when we were on diets before surgery...

Jen75
on 1/8/14 11:37 am
RNY on 07/18/13

I get full. But 30 min later I feel hungry again.  Part of me wonders if it is the boredom of winter.  I always seem to eat more and feel more hungry in winter because I am bored and stuck indoors all the time.  I hope all works out for you with not feeling full.  At least it sounds like you are doing good by filling up on healthy things.  

Mo Diggity
on 1/8/14 11:44 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

Are you drinking while eating ?? I know that can make you hungrier much quicker.

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Jen75
on 1/8/14 8:23 pm
RNY on 07/18/13

Not at all.  That is one rule I definitely follow. 

cabin111
on 1/8/14 11:45 am

One thing I did the first few months after surgery (Oct 9)...I made a walking path around the house.  I put on some rock music and just walked and walked...moved.  I used 2 pound weights and did simple exercises...Not "feel the burn" stuff...I just moved.  It is easier here in California to get outside and go places.  I ride my bike for errands a lot.  Just my thoughts...

Jen75
on 1/8/14 8:22 pm
RNY on 07/18/13

I wish I was some place warm!!!!  I am originally from Wisconsin and am now living in Ohio.  Husband is Air Force.  We just had -37 temps here.  Definitely not walking outside!!!! Lol.  I do have a treadmill and stationary bike I work out on for a half hour a day.  Outdoors would be so much nicer than my gloomy basement though! :)

MrsLitch
on 1/8/14 2:09 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I had head hunger at about 6 months out but not physical hunger. In fact I still don't get physical hunger unless I forget to eat for 6-7 hours, but more than likely I'll get a drop in blood sugar before I get the feeling of actual hunger.

I do notice on days I eat carbs earlier in the day I have more cravings or head hunger that day. If I stick to protein for all my meals up until dinner I don't feel that way so I figure it is the whole carbs crave carbs thing.

When I first started feeling the "hunger" i had read on here a lot about head hunger and some of the suggestions were to drink a bottle of water and if you still feel hungry than you probably are and to eat, if not it was either thirst or head hunger. Most of the time after the bottle of water I am not hungry so I chalked it up to head hunger.

If you are waiting 30-45 mins after you eat to drink water and are eating every hour how are you getting your water in?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
Recent Topics