B Complex Vitamins

kr8cyk8
on 1/9/14 5:32 am
RNY on 12/30/13

Hi,

I have been instructed to take a B complex vitamin among my supplements, so that I get minimum if 100iu B1 daily. The problem is that I have to crush these pills, and these are the most vile disgusting things I've ever tasted! I think this is the worst part of this surgery. 

Anyone have any ideas to make these palatable? I'd settle for close to palatable at this point too. 

Thanks!!

"It's not whether you get knocked down...it's whether you get up" -Lombardi

HW- 293

SW- 258 (12/30/13)

CW- 167 (8/24/14)

poet_kelly
on 1/9/14 5:35 am - OH

If all you need is the B1, what about taking a B1 supplement instead of a B complex?  I don't know if it would taste any better, but you could try it and see.

Also, I think they make chewable B complexes.  You might look for that instead.

Finally, why do you need to cru****  Do you have trouble swallowing pills?  Is it a really big pill?  If it's too big to comfortably swallow whole, what about just cutting it in half?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kr8cyk8
on 1/9/14 5:43 am
RNY on 12/30/13

Thanks for the idea of just a B1. 

I have to crush all of my pills for the first 30 days, I just had RNY on 12/30, so I've got a few weeks to go with it. :(

"It's not whether you get knocked down...it's whether you get up" -Lombardi

HW- 293

SW- 258 (12/30/13)

CW- 167 (8/24/14)

poet_kelly
on 1/9/14 5:47 am - OH

You can also get B1 injections.  Just another option.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics