Loss of Feeling in Fingers

FinallyFit1
on 1/9/14 8:46 pm

I would sure like some help finding an article, but the only thing is I am not sure if it was on this site.   I have numbness and tingling in my hands and had carpal tunnel surgery over a year ago and it did not work.  I was reading an article one day and it referred to the fact that it could be related to our WLS.  I am looking to get more information on this if anyone can remember seeing anything like this or maybe you know about this symptom.

I have trouble picking things up and holding  a pencil so hopefully I can get to the bottom of this.

Also on this new format I can't find the search button to find things.  Can anyone help with that also.

Thanks so much

poet_kelly
on 1/9/14 9:02 pm - OH

B12 deficiency can cause that.  So can thiamine and copper deficiencies but B12 deficiency is more common.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dukemom
on 1/9/14 9:36 pm
RNY on 12/17/13

The search feature is the magnifying glass in the solid blue bar across the top of the page, just to the left of "My OH".

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/9/14 9:49 pm

Low B1 b6, B12, hypothyroidism can contribute to all of that. And many other issues. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

FinallyFit1
on 1/10/14 3:31 am

Thanks so much.   I have some homework to do now.