Family Dollar multivitamins on sale

poet_kelly
on 1/10/14 2:59 am - OH

I've been using the Family Wellness brand multivitamins from Family Dollar for a while now.  They are equivalent to Centrum, just much cheaper.  Normally they are $4 per bottle but currently they are on sale for 50% off.  That's $2 for 100 pills.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SkinnyScientist
on 1/10/14 3:42 am

good tip!  I will check it out!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

poet_kelly
on 1/10/14 3:45 am - OH

I bought two today and would probably have bought more at that price but they only had two bottles on the shelf.

I wish Family Dollar had calcium citrate but they don't.  At least not the one by me.  I check every time I go there.  Someone recently told me she found calcium citrate at Dollar General, though, so I want to check there sometime.  I've been buying  mine at Kroger and they periodically have buy one get one free sales, so it's pretty cheap to get it then.  But I would expect it to be cheaper at one of the dollar stores.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SkinnyScientist
on 1/10/14 3:50 am

I have been having problems finding calcium citrate too!

I have several dollar generals by me in Manassas VA. I will check them out for us this weekend.

Family Dollar is more of a hike BUT if it meets my nutritional needs (according to the surgeons requirements) the time spent sitting in city traffic doesnt matter.  The difference between $2.00 multis and regular Centrum is a big cost savings (about 3xs..if I remember the cost of centrum correctly).

poet_kelly
on 1/10/14 3:56 am - OH

Just about every place that sells vitamins has calcium citrate.  I just want cheap calcium citrate.  I don't want to pay $12 a bottle for Citracal.

SkinnyScientist
on 1/11/14 12:22 am

I must be looking in the wrong area (i.e. the too cheap section) because I just keep finding Calcium carbonate. 

ShebasMom
on 1/10/14 11:29 am
Revision on 07/05/16

Have you bought calcium citrate at Walmart? Their Spring Valley brand has 300 tablets, 315 mg around $8 a bottle

SkinnyScientist
on 1/11/14 12:23 am

Thanks. I will stop there for some. I will need it in about 2 weeks!

:) 

Miss Liss
on 1/10/14 11:27 pm

I have found Calcium Citrate at Dollar General.  They don't have it all of the time.  They seem to run out.  I haven't seen it at our Family Dollar, but I get other vitamins there.  They are cheaper and when they are on sale, it really is a deal.  I love dollar store shopping.  kiss

Glow2254
on 1/10/14 4:26 am - LA
RNY on 02/28/13

I was wondering about those.  I didn't know if they were effective.  I will go and get some they have the gummy calcium and that is what i need because the calcium pill is so big to swallow.

Mrs. Glow    
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?