WTH!!!!

new_me180
on 1/14/14 7:10 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I went in for my 10 wk visit today and according to the scale, I've gained 7 pounds from when I was admitted last week in the hospital. That made me so upset especially as I follow the program they gave me. I know it could be the fluids they gave me but now I have a phobia of regaining the weight back on. I know the first time I was admitted for ulcers I gained 18lbs in 7 days, now 7 lbs in 2 1/2 days is just crazy. Maybe my body just holds on to water too much.

blopez579
on 1/14/14 7:31 am
RNY on 09/11/13

I had the same thing happen... it will come off, try and not worry about it too much.  Drink even more water, stick to plan, let your body heal and keep on chugging along. 

new_me180
on 1/14/14 8:13 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thanks for the support. I know I will lose the weight but after going through what I've gone through, I always expect to see the scale go south every time I weigh in. I think unless I start eating junk food and such, I'll try not to fret (although it is hard), I'll try. Stick to the plan and work, work, work.

RNYGuyPA
on 1/14/14 8:14 am
RNY on 12/27/13

I gained 18 pounds in the hospital over a 2 and a half day stay.  It came off 3 days later, but not what I was expecting.  Be patient, this will pass.  What were the signs for ulcers.  I'm worried about that.

6' 2"     HW: 405      SW: 352      CW: 276      GW: 225

Trendweight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

new_me180
on 1/14/14 10:20 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

It's been a week since I left the hospital and I think I lose the water more slowly than some. I should be fine but, I was just shocked tbh. As for the ulcers, I developed mine 3 weeks after surgery. They were marginal ulcers at the connection from the pouch to the intestines. I just started having pain one day when I ate or drank anything to the point I stopped drinking anything at all. I eventually got so dehydrated that I stayed in the hospital for 8 days.

PetHairMagnet
on 1/14/14 8:51 am
RNY on 05/13/13

An IV will pump you full of fluids. Don't let the scale be such a stressor for you if you are doing the right things and following your plan!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

new_me180
on 1/14/14 12:19 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I know it shouldn't stress me out and I'll try to forget about it. I'm following the plan so, I should be OK.