full liquid diet

marissasmith1987
on 1/25/14 2:32 am - troy, NY
RNY on 01/13/14

so i transition to full liquid diet on Monday. i can eat things like yogurt, cheese, egg beaters, egg drop soup. cottage cheese, refried beans, do you have any good ideas for this diet? Also i weighed myself i weigh 265lbs last week i was 275 is that to much weight to lose in a week.

Lisa87
on 1/25/14 2:42 am
RNY on 12/13/13

Just keep it simple and measure it out.

There really is no jazzing it up. 

I really liked cottage cheese during this phase.

Hot C of W in the morning.

Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese I would let melt in my mouth.

Refried beans with taco sauce and shredded cz was the bomb!!!!!!

I drank a lot of broth in between meals to feel satisfied.

Good luck!

Lisa87 

5'4"

poet_kelly
on 1/25/14 3:11 am - OH

Are you sure those things are on full liquids?  Usually full liquids are things you could drink through a straw.  I don't think cheese, egg beaters and cottage cheese are considered full liquids.  are you talking about soft foods?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

marissasmith1987
on 1/25/14 5:17 am - troy, NY
RNY on 01/13/14

the paper work I got says full liquids

poet_kelly
on 1/25/14 5:27 am - OH

Then I think you should probably just stick to whatever is on that paper.  I don't know if we can really help with any ideas since your doctor seems to have an unusual idea of what full liquids are.  If beans and cheese are considered liquids, then I don't know what other solid foods might also be consider liquids by your doc.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 1/25/14 3:14 am - OH

Here is a link with a bunch of examples of full liquids.  It's not geared toward RNY folks, so of course milkshakes and the like would not be an appropriate choice for us.  http://cancer.stanford.edu/information/nutritionAndCancer/du ring/clearFullLiquids.html

SteveWebb
on 1/25/14 3:26 am - NC

I just got out a big can of beef broth.  I am finding that it really settles my stomach on the pre-op liquid diet.  I might add a little hot pepper to it to spice it up a bit and keep it from getting boring.  Eight more days to go after today.  God bless you, hope you lose all you want.  I'm just a few pounds heavier than you are now.  Hoping to get to between 160 and 170.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Lisa87
on 1/25/14 5:11 am
RNY on 12/13/13

Those are the things my center called full liquids- pudding like  - The title of my  sheet  MODIFIED full liquids- her list sounds like mine. I know technically it is different and includes a little more. I know this has come up before on this site. Maybe they should call it something else? 

poet_kelly
on 1/25/14 5:13 am - OH

I think it would cause a lot less confusion if they called it something else.

Lisa87
on 1/25/14 5:48 am
RNY on 12/13/13

I agree....... It does make it confusing.

I just went by what was on the list. Kept it simple. Measured. 

For one or two oz of food I found that was the easiest.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views