what can i take for a head cold?

marissasmith1987
on 1/25/14 5:19 am - troy, NY
RNY on 01/13/14

I have a runny nose an nasal drip and a sore throat what can i take?

poet_kelly
on 1/25/14 5:25 am - OH

Anything that doesn't contain NSAIDS should be OK.  If you're taking a liquid cold medicine, you might need to check how much sugar is in it first.  But something like Tylenol cold medicine should be OK.

If you have any allergies or other things that might limit the  meds you can take, check with your doc, of course.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

basilmk
on 1/25/14 11:58 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

I came home from the hospital with a terrible cold and my surgeon told me to go to a pharmacy and get behind the counter Sudafed.    It worked well for me...good luck!

Bibo
on 1/25/14 2:00 pm

I avoided stuff that has effervescent fizz in it....made me dump....tylenol, Benadryl, antihistamines, hot decaf tea, water, sudafed....my primary just wrote me a Rx for some nasty cough syrup. I also use a nettie pot daily for other sinus stuff and allergies, and it helped a lot with nasal junk.

illinois Gama D.
on 1/25/14 2:58 pm

i take sudafed, and dayquil and nightquil,,,, i have had no probs with any cold meds over the counter,

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views