Loss of Desire post op

April M.
on 1/27/14 2:41 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

I am 10 months post rny. I am down to 250 pounds. Feeling great except for one little thing...I have ZERO sex drive. Has this happened to any of you? It is really starting to take a toll on my marriage. My weight loss has increased my husband's desire but mine is non existent. I had low interest before surgery and I hoped it would be improved as I felt better post op. Not the case. I don't want to take medication if I can avoid it. Any suggestions or experiences you can share would be great. Thanks.

KevinBacon
on 1/27/14 3:03 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

You can read all the good advice you want on ways to "spice things up" but the truth very well may be that you have a hormone imbalance causing things to feel differently. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing that a good and caring doctor can't help you find solutions for. This day and age there are countless pills, creams, and sprays--you name it! Sex is special and shouldn't feel like a chore. Find a good doctor who can help get you in sync again. 

Whatever you choose to do, make sure you let your husband know that you care about how this is affecting him too and that you want to make it better. I can't imagine this is easy for spouses to go through and with the usual reports of fear that we hear of, to be able to give him that intimacy would be the difference between just a day, and an amazing day. Men don't need much to feel loved, but when they don't feel that closeness, it's hard to make up for it. 

So do what you can and talk to your doctor and keep your husband in the loop. No one expects you to want to hang from the chandeliers, but whatever the two of you can come up with that can keep you both happy and nurture your marriage is a healthy goal to strive for. Big hugs! You have come a long way! Congrats on all you have accomplished! 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

April M.
on 1/27/14 4:01 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's great to know that someone cares. I have an appointment with my doctor to discuss treatments and hormone levels. I have had lengthy discussions with my husband. He is very supportive. Hopefully, I can find out what the problem is and get back on track. 

poet_kelly
on 1/27/14 7:31 pm - OH

I would start by talking to your doctor.  You need to find out why you have no desire in order to figure out what to do about it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jewelsstevens
on 1/27/14 10:18 pm - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

It has happened to me, too :(

My husband's drive is insane. I can take sex or leave it. It has nothing to do with my spouse. He is incredibly "hot" to me and I am very much in love with him. The drive is just not there. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

april89love
on 1/27/14 11:12 pm - NC

If you are interested in a homeopathic remedy, I used wild yam salve for a while and it works great to get your hormone levels back up. It took about a week for my interest to return. Hope this helps. By the way, my problem is menopause related. I don't know how old you are but this increases your progesterone levels and that helps at any age.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Debbie A.
on 1/28/14 3:33 am - Aurora, OH

Where would you find wild yam salve and what do you do with it?

april89love
on 1/28/14 8:39 am - NC

I ordered it from Amazon. It's a little pricey but it lasts a long time. You just rub some on your privates every night.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 92 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 309 views