OT - lots of stuff marked down at Kroger

poet_kelly
on 1/28/14 2:10 am - OH

I went to Kroger to pick up a couple things this morning and discovered a lot of perishable food items were marked way down.  Maybe due to the bad weather recently they haven't been selling as much as they usually do.  It was a level 2 snow emergency here all weekend and yesterday so not many people were out shopping, I suppose.  Anyway, I got some Chobani yogurt for 49 cents each (and it still has several days before it expires) and saw some other yogurts were marked way down, too.  Just thought I'd pass that on.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 1/28/14 4:47 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Yogurt is one of the things I'll eat 2 weeks after the 'Sell By' date so long as it was not opened. 

Excellent score on the markdowns!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

TopherCarter
on 1/28/14 11:23 am - Owens Cross Rds, AL
RNY on 08/21/13

Thanks for the info! Kroger is where I like to shop, but it's a little more out of the way...I'll have to make a trip tomorrow, tho!

ShebasMom
on 1/29/14 6:32 am
Revision on 07/05/16

I love Kroger.  I always check their clearance section. I asked one of their employees why they were marking down some items.  She told me when they have a surplus of shipment items, they marked down the extra because lack of storage. I scored some 8 packs of Irish Spring and Dove for $1.99! I've also have found vitamins/minerals there that were much less than 50% off! Even better deal with coupon!  I also love their brand of Greek lite yogurt.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views