Thigh lift and beginning of Journey #2

nursegal132
on 2/7/14 12:11 am - CALGARY, Canada

Well everyone, I had my RNY in 07, so next month will be 7 years, I am considered a success in the industry as I have kept the weight off for the entire time (give or take 6 lbs) I have had my Fleurs de lys TT, arms and breasts lifted, 3 yrs ago, and on Tuesday will finally be getting my thighs done.  I can accept the top of me scars and all but my legs.....gross..... So I feel finally like as of Tuesday I will be starting my new life.  Yes the bypass changed many things, but the saggy thighs are a big reminder of the big girls that I was, and it keeps me in the I am a fat girl mode.  I am working very hard this year in all kinds of support groups to finally change that.  As I go into the surgery next week I want to thank everyone past and present for being a part of my journey, with answers to questions and support along the way.  One particular gal Mary has become a life long friend and a blessing in my life.  To anyone along the way, I am here if you need any help or support.  You can PM me and I would be glad to talk, or text or what ever else I can do to ease your roads, I have mumbled and grumbled along the way when I have trouble getting down certain proteins or pasta.  But as I go towards this new life with fairly decent thighs I can honestly say I have never ever regretted my RNY (which originally started with a failed lapband) or the journey it has taken my down.

God bless you all!

SkinnyScientist
on 2/7/14 12:50 am

HI!  Can I ask a potentially rude question?

How did you finance/pay for all these surgeries?  can you give me an estimate?

The reason why I ask is because I am extreme pear and I KNOW i will probably need some lower work done. Maybe even my upper arms!!!

So I am very anxious about the cost, and finding ways to finance it.

Here in DC metro area, a tummy tuck runs about 10K.

Thank you and good luck in ridding yourself of those thighs.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

nursegal132
on 2/8/14 1:05 am - CALGARY, Canada

Hi there, I was lucky most of my TT and my arms were covered by my insurance, the boobs werent and it was 5000,  3 years later and a lot of saving, my thighs are costing $7142  Its a lot, im struggling with the cost but my mental health is worth it.  Do you have insurance? how bout this new obamacare stuff will it cover it?  Good luck my friend let me know if you need anything.

Sophie

MsVThin
on 2/7/14 5:53 am - Hesperia, CA

Good luck with your surgery!  My lower body has always been bigger than the rest of me, and I've been embarrassed to wear shots, skirts etc.  I am so happy for you, this may be the final thing you need to find your own peace.

heal quickly!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?