Year 2 closing in...

Sherry T.
on 2/7/14 8:05 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Hi everyone,

I see a lot of new faces and some familiar ones too which means I've been gone far too long. I am still losing just not at rapid speed early on and I'm grateful when I do see a change....I'm 3 pounds away from what I weighed at 18'years old...that was the last time I saw this number and was pleasantly shocked....I usually weigh twice and if I see the same # twice I keep it! :)

Stress still continues to be my nemesis but I know what cures it...exercise. I should be on a twice a day schedule but ahhh old habits die hard.  One of my new favorite sayings is progress not perfection.

Just looking for some words of wisdom as I would like to lose at least 35 more pounds but it doesn't have to be by May I know now that's unrealistic....but end of the year hopefully doable? Did anyone continue to lose after 2 years?  

Hope to see ya around! Volunteered to work on a Saturday.....what was I thinking :) have a great day!

Sherry

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/8/14 12:05 am

Hi Sherry... Great job so far.  Can you continue to lose weight ? Absolutely.. But how much and how's fast may ber determine by so many factors, like youe age, body frame, current body fat %, your hormonal imbalance (I.e thyroid issue), and last but probably most important: how badly do you want it.

I am close to 6 years post op..and I had as few regains (10-15 lbs ) here and there and as long as I wanted to lose it  - I could do it. It required time and dedication. But it was and it is possible.  

For me - staying away from starchy cabs and sugar (yes, even fruits except 1-3 serving of berries per week) plus very moderate exercise and I can lose the regain. But only if I really want to. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views