B Vitamins

Lpsmom
on 2/23/14 11:07 am

I am pre-op and shopping for my vitamins.  In addition to my multi vitamin I was told to take either a B complex or B50.  Everything I've tried makes me gag.  Was wondering what others use?

poet_kelly
on 2/23/14 11:15 am - OH

A B-50 is a B complex.

I don't take a B complex because the ASMBS says they are optional and my lab always show my B vitamins, including thiamine (B1), B6 and folate (B9) are good.

What brands have you tried that make you gag?

You were advised to take calcium citrate, iron and B12, too, right?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

pasunshine06
on 2/24/14 12:45 pm - PA

After surgery please check your levels often for potassium and ALL of the B vitamins. I became deficient in all of them and almost died. The B1(Thiamine) and potassium were the biggest ones. I spent almost a month in the hospital and nursing home, I ended up with optic nerve damage and it was pure hell. So please whatever you do, request to have these levels drawn monthly!

Lpsmom
on 2/24/14 7:17 pm

Thanks Pasunshine,  That's already part of my surgeon'routine,  pre-op and post-op he's pretty thorough.  What do you currently take?

pasunshine06
on 2/24/14 9:57 pm - PA

B-Complex, B-12, Potassium, multi-vitamin, Biotin, are just the basics I take. 

punkyLyn
on 2/26/14 7:42 am - Richland, WA

I got a sublingual (under tongue) b from health food store, was light berry/ cherry flavor, dissolve in min or two, no problem.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 135 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views