question about fitbit

marissasmith1987
on 2/25/14 12:35 pm - troy, NY
RNY on 01/13/14

I am close to ordering a fitbit flex. how do they work is it helping you? what else can tell me about the fitbit.

- Marissa RYN 1-13-14. If the past was perfect then there would be no need for tomorrow

LuckiGins
on 2/25/14 9:42 pm
RNY on 07/09/13

I just ordered mine today.  My sister has it.  Her dietician said for her to get 10,000 steps in a day would = 4 miles a day.  It is very hard to get in those steps on a normal day but taking long walks does help.  Her fitbit tells her how many calories she works off along with the steps/distance.  I think it will help me a great deal to get in more exercise with having a preset daily goal.

gtrdyfor50
on 2/25/14 10:10 pm
RNY on 10/08/13
I have the one that clips on to my bra. A friend got it for me as a surgery present. I love it! Right now I am not as active because of some arthritis issues, but when I am, I love seeing how many steps I walk in a day the calories burned, etc.

jazzycatz
on 2/25/14 10:15 pm - Joppa, MD

I have the fitbit One. That's the clip on one. It's like $99 on their site. I liked that one because it keeps track of the number of flights of stairs you climb daily. I use the stairs a lot at work here so I like to challenge myself using the daily count. I have used the band that comes with it to track my sleep activity but it's been sporadic since I forget. So I really don't have enough data yet but I have found it interesting.

I like the website. I use the food tracker and find it really easy. The journal I just use to track my daily mood really. You get a weekly report. Got mine for Christmas and so far I am loving the thing. Wear it everyday. On my bra.

Needanewbeginning
on 2/26/14 12:51 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I have the fitbit zip, I love it, works great with my fitness pal as well. Doesn't count steps or sleep so if you want that tracked select the right fitbit.

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

ebtiger24
on 2/26/14 4:47 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I have the Force. I find it motivates me to walk a little more or try and climb stairs more. It's a pretty good tool for that. I also use it as my alarm clock. It's much nicer to wake up to than a beeping alarm. The sleep monitor is useless to me. I like it. It's a constant reminder to get up and be more active or park a little farther from the door. Things like that 

marymo362
on 2/26/14 6:19 am
RNY on 03/18/14

Something that is really great about FitBit is that you can integrate it to your MyFitnessPal account, and the data they both gather makes sense. Also, if you have a HealthVault account, you can store your exercise and movement data there.

Have fun with it!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 449 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics