Anyone using Ideal Protein?

JulesB124
on 3/4/14 12:18 am - Regina, SK, Canada

Hi, I had gastric bypass in 2008 and lost a great amount of weight.  Over the last 2 years through bad eating habits I have gained back 40lbs.  I need to nip this in the bud now before I end up back at where I started.  My husband has been doing Ideal Protein with amazing results.  Has anyone else had success with this after having gastric bypass?  Thanks

RNY on 10/21/13

I can't speak to Ideal Protein after RNY, however, IP was my last attempt to lose weight before I decided to look into WLS. It was an alright plan - protein at every meal, usually in he form of a shake/drink or other manufactured packet, very specific veggies, no cheese...I'm sure you already know this since your husband is following this plan. IP was my last failed attempt at dieting...in 6 months I lost 28 lbs. Seriously. 28 lbs. My husband lost 50-60 and I outweighed him by quite a bit. 

I don't think IP would be terrible for you, however, you already have an amazing tool that you can use and eat real food instead of paying so much for IP. Have you tried tracking and journaling what and how much you're eating?  

Ultimately whatever you think will work for you is the best option. Personally, I see IP as yet another diet instead of a way of life. They do have you transition, but of the numerous people I have known that were on it, ultimately they stopped following it and regained pretty quickly. 

I wish you the best!

LAP RNY 10.21.13  Pounds lost by month: 1: 34 2: 25 3: 16 4: 12 5: 7 6: 18 7: 10 8: 8 9:15 10:10 11: 10  12:  Total so far: 190! pounds

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views