Tired

Lpsmom
on 3/7/14 9:37 pm

I just got home from the hospital yesterday and find I am so tired.  I just want to sleepll the time.  Was it this way for you too?

Wendi0209
on 3/7/14 9:41 pm
RNY on 09/13/13

Yes and for a few weeks. Be kind to yourself and rest. Good luck.

wendi

Lpsmom
on 3/7/14 10:01 pm

How do you stick to a strict drink, eat, protien shake routine if you are sleeping all the time?  I was doing so well in hospital and am so overwhelmed now that I am at home.  Probably just a little emotional right now, but still overwhelmed.

poet_kelly
on 3/7/14 10:48 pm - OH

Yep.  You just had major surgery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tdbull
on 3/8/14 12:41 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Sleep, walk, sip and do this nonstop. I drank IsoPure Zero Carb Drinks which were very tasty in Apple Melon and Grape and counted as my liquids. I sipped these all the time, walked about 5-6 times a day, maybe for only 5 minutes at first, then napped when I felt like it. Hang in there, I think you're feeling like many of us felt right after surgery. It can be overwhelming but it gets so much better. Now, drinking my liquids, taking my vitamins and getting some exercise is just a normal way of life for me. It will be for you, too.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Lpsmom
on 3/8/14 12:53 am

Thanks - I too like the IsoPure Zero carb drinks.  The schedule just looked so overwhelming this morning when I reviewed it.  I have had a nap and hence a better perspective.  I also now remember the doc telling me it would almost be impossible the first few days to get it all in.  Sip, walk, walk sleep - just like in the hospital.

danslillady
on 3/8/14 2:10 am

I know it seems crazy but you are not supposed to do it all right after surgery.  For a lot of people, it is a struggle just to drink.  You had major abdominal surgery. Do what you can and it will get better with time.  I slept a lot that first week and then I still needed a nap everyday for about 3 weeks and then from time to time in the 4th week.  I went to bed early too.  Now 3 months later, everything is back to normal.

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

marymo362
on 3/8/14 3:15 am
RNY on 03/18/14

this is a terrific response! I am going in on March 18th, and your post is really encouraging and informative.

Have a great day!

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

PetHairMagnet
on 3/9/14 11:07 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I took a nap the first three days for about 45 minutes each day and otherwise, no. I did sleep very well at night.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 169 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views