ECRP

lekoleko
on 3/18/14 2:00 am

Good Morning All,

Well heres an update to all the tummy pain I've been having. 

First off had RNY Oct of 2012 went from 330 to now 207, still trying to get to goal, and I am 5-8.

Nurse says tummy pain may be due to narrowing bile ducts.  Something common in folks who no longer have gallbladder, which mine came out in '98.  I've been researching this procedure, but wanted to know of others who have had it, and what did recovery look like, and if any side effects.  Nurse says the doc is experienced with folks who've had WLS as our anatomy makes the procedure a bit difficult.  Says that doc makes for provisions for drainage away from the pancreas, to not disturb it, and worse not result in pancreatitis.  So now i am on protonix, she will check my liver stats, and probably the next time they call me will be to schedule the ECRP.  Please advise, and as always thanks for input, time, advice, prayers....thank you

SandieMc49
on 3/18/14 3:43 am

It's an ERCP and I had one.  I had mine before I had my WLS though.  Unfortunately - I got pancreatitis from having it done.  I don't mean to scare you away from having the procedure, if you need it - you need it.  And it's good you are aware of the possible complications.  Barring anything unforeseen, your recovery from the procedure should be a breeze!  All the best to you.

pathchic
on 3/18/14 5:41 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

If you do need and ERCP, make sure the doc doing it has lots of experience and you are at a hospital that does them frequently.  I would also ask if the doc has experience doing them after RNY -

lekoleko
on 3/18/14 2:08 pm

Thanks for the input.  Yes the nurse did say he has done this procedure on postop wls patients. And that for us who have had wls, we stay in hospital overnite for observation, whereas non wls patients usually are on an outpatient basis.

busy_blond
on 3/18/14 1:28 pm - Tyler, TX

I also had an ERCP prior to my rny. Not only did I get pancreatitis, but also a GI bleed. I ended up loosing about half of my blood volume before they realized that i was bleeding enternally. they had to repeat the procedure to repair the hole that was made during the first one. Prayers for a safe procedure for you.

Leann

lekoleko
on 3/18/14 2:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. Hope all is well with u since having the ercp. Appreciate the kind reply. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 360 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 306 views