DeafNatural
on 3/19/14 1:23 pm - Winter Haven
RNY on 08/06/14

My employer is offering a pilot program through our health care provider in which I can choose the MGB, RNY or the Lap-Band. I am in the process of narrowing down between MGB and RNY surgery. If I choose MGB, I have to go with Dr. Peraglie out of Davenport, FL. If I choose RNY I can pick anyone I want as long as they are at a Center of Excellence. I would like to hear from those who have had the RNY. I want to hear the straight up truth about your surgery and results. Doesn't matter if you think RNY was the greatest thing to ever happen to you or the worst thing ever. If you have any surgeon suggestions. I really want to go into this decision not only having the scientific facts but the patient testimonials as well because after care is just as important as the surgery.

basilmk
on 3/19/14 3:11 pm, edited 3/19/14 3:11 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

You might find that the decision may have to be made by your surgeon as your current health and conditions will often dictate which procedure is most appropriate.

I had my surgery through Sacred Heart in Pensacola. I'll include the website.  By clicking on my surgeons name at the top of my post you will be able to read the testimonial I wrote recently.

when I began the process, I was convinced I wanted the lap band against my primary care physician's recommendation.  Because I was being treated for gerd, the lap band was not a good choice and Dr. Lord explained all of the reasons why RNY was a better choice.  As I read more on these forums, I am happy that I went with the RNY. 

http://www.sacredheartsurgicalweightloss.com

It was major surgery but I have not had any problems and  no medication worthy pain since I came home after two days in the hospital.  I would be happy to answer any questions about the first few months post op.

Good luck!

southernpeachnc
on 3/20/14 5:35 am

I researched area programs here near Boston, MA.  I settled on Dr Brahms at Lahey.  They've been performing these for years and his education and background is great.  He is the head of their WLS department as well. The Lahey program is the most strict in camparison to other programs. Strick weight loss before surgery and eating program.  

I chose RNY as I was on many meds.  This was the perfect choice for me as I am now off all insulin, diabetic meds & high blood pressure ones as well.  I was unsure of having the sleeve as I wanted to have a smaller place for food.  I knew the pouch would limit my intake and am very pleased with my decision.  Only you will be able to determine your needs.  Which ever you do will be beneficial I know!

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?