SO thankful for Hardee's burger commercials

Calla Lily
on 3/28/14 11:33 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Speaking of commercials, this isn't a food commercial, and it doesn't gross me out, but it makes me watch every time.... It's for a cell phone company in the US, and the dad is a hamster, and the rest of the family are human. Every time it comes on it catches my attention, and I always think, "why is the dad a hamster?"...

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Cunning_Pam
on 3/29/14 3:45 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Calla, I know those commercials, because I can't stand them! I love a weird, quirky commercial, but those are just way too bizarre...it's like a bunch of ad execs just started brainstorming and they ended up mashing about six different concepts together.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

PetHairMagnet
on 3/30/14 9:20 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On March 29, 2014 at 6:33 AM Pacific Time, MissCalla wrote:

Speaking of commercials, this isn't a food commercial, and it doesn't gross me out, but it makes me watch every time.... It's for a cell phone company in the US, and the dad is a hamster, and the rest of the family are human. Every time it comes on it catches my attention, and I always think, "why is the dad a hamster?"...

I will have to look for that. Is it like one of the Kia Soul hamsters? Or an actual hamster?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Grim_Traveller
on 3/29/14 1:44 am
RNY on 08/21/12

People say this all the time, that once you've "detoxed" from fast food, you'll hate it after. Well, I had a burger at McDonalds a while back, and it was every bit as delicious as I remembered.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

PetHairMagnet
on 3/30/14 9:21 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On March 29, 2014 at 8:44 AM Pacific Time, Grim_Traveller wrote:

People say this all the time, that once you've "detoxed" from fast food, you'll hate it after. Well, I had a burger at McDonalds a while back, and it was every bit as delicious as I remembered.

You just furthered my resolve to never even try it again, lol. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Cunning_Pam
on 3/29/14 3:49 am, edited 3/29/14 3:49 am
RNY on 12/18/13

While I despise the sexist spin of the Hardees/Carls Jr. ads, I have to admit that I kind of liked the one about Hamblor the god of hamburgers. Didn't hurt that Hamblor was kind of hot in a Khal Drogo kind of way... 

Now the Wendy's commercials...I just want to throat punch that girl for some reason. She just rubs me the wrong way with her smugness!

The food itself in commercials seems to be less and less triggering for me for some reason, which is a good thing.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/30/14 2:09 am

When in maintnace - there is nothing wrong with a good burger.  Notice " good" .  

I eat burgers at least every 1-2 weeks.   I typically make my own or buy them from places that have good sirloin or steak burger with no fillers, freshly made., skip the bun, or cheese ... Add veggies and it a supper good lunch or dinner idea. Smothered in yellow mustard.. Some pickes.. Yummy... . 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics