1yr weight loss

Thinknthin
on 3/28/14 1:40 pm

So I was looking through my paper work and remembered the surgeon saging that he wants me at 100 lbs loss in a year, but I don't understand why he is limiting me. I have at least 150 to lose. And I see all these stories of post op weightloss being 95 in 7 mo, 130 in a year, and up. I don't want to have to stop at 100 pounds lost. Has anyone ever been told this by their surgeon? Could it be that 100 pound would be considered a successful surgery? 

Counting down 10 days until surgery 😃

Scarlette B.
on 3/28/14 1:52 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

I had my surgery 7 days ago and my surgeon never mentioned a limit.  He told me that I will lose a great deal, if I stick to the plan, in 6 months but no limit to a year. You do as much as you can! Good luck on your procedure.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Thinknthin
on 3/28/14 2:02 pm

That's what I was thinking I mean he told me I should have no problems and then said a loss of 100 lbs would be a success, and that's when I said I am hoping for a little more than that. Honestly if I am able to lose the weight and be in the healthy range I am going to. Maybe he is just not wanting to encourage rapid weightloss that is unhealthy, or high expectations for speedy weightloss, Who knows. 

Good luck on your journey scarlette123, do you have any newbie preop or postop diet tips? Or things you wish you had known 

Scarlette B.
on 3/28/14 2:41 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk,,,,,,,,, I never had any sort of medical procedure so I needed to pay attention.  I was in the hospital over night .  I walked 3 or so times on Thursday, surgery day, because I had a fabulous nurse named Jacoby.  She was rousting me up and keeping me on point. The next day I had a really sweet nurse but she didn't get me up once.   I was high and sleeping.  I got up and walked a little on my own but not as much as I should of.  When I was released Friday night I had horrible, horrible, gas. 

Please walk every 2 dang hours while you are in the hospital please... 

Xoxoxoxo doXoxoxoxo do

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

JJ0609
on 3/28/14 9:38 pm, edited 3/28/14 9:39 pm

If you follow the plan and exercise, your body will be in control of weight loss (or mine was). I did not set goal for how much I wanted to lose by year anniversary because  knew fro experience with my body and dieting that I was not really in control. The weight comes off however it does. You will be amazed as I was if you look at it this way. I was very surprised that by year anniversary I was in a size zero (0) and weighed 118 lbs. I lost 150 lbs. but I was very sick my first year. My focus was fighting to live and get in nutrients to be healthy not on losing weight. I wish you luck and will be praying for you. Try to focus on the lifestyle changes and not the number therefore you will be surprised. However, I do not think losing 100 lbs. is an unreachable goal. Losing 150 lbs. might be hard.  It just depends on your body and how much you have to lose. Many Blessings. Remember walk, exercise, drink, burp, get in protein.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Ehbeagle
on 3/28/14 7:20 pm - Virginia beach, VA

My surgeon told me I would probably loose about 100 lbs but he did not say that was the limit for me.  I am 5 and 1/2 months out and have lost 105.  I still want to loose 50 more.  I am going for it!  Good luck to you!

PrincePhillip
on 3/28/14 7:45 pm - Los Angles, CA

My surgeon never gave me a number.  When I saw him for my 3 month follow up I asked him how does 225lbs sounds for me.  I'm 6"2".  He said "sounds good to me"  So thats my goal.  When I get to 225 I'll judge if I could go another 10lbs.  It has been great not having a specific number that I should weigh because it has taken a ton of pressure off of me.  I sincerely wish you all the best in your journey

seowiz
on 3/28/14 8:03 pm, edited 3/28/14 8:59 pm

Exactly! I mean my mom has been operate 2 months before but her surgeon never do it. When she went for check up he told that had a good progress because she reduces 8 kilos weight. Nothing else.

http://onlinedietandfitness.com/

VSG on 06/12/13

The sooner you can shed the impression that you only have a year in which to do this, the better off you will be. If the doc says 100 lbs in one year, then it gives you some insights into the pace at which he would like you to lose, but doesn't restrict you to a date on a calendar. And, it likely means that he expects you to take longer than a year to get the job done.

one of the hardest things has been not to compare myself to someone else. If you can get to a point of zen and accept that your pace is YOUR pace and instead focus on following the plan, the easier this journey will be.

good luck with your upcoming surgery!

laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/28/14 9:26 pm
RNY on 12/31/13
On March 29, 2014 at 3:08 AM Pacific Time, atl_gadget_grrl wrote:

The sooner you can shed the impression that you only have a year in which to do this, the better off you will be. If the doc says 100 lbs in one year, then it gives you some insights into the pace at which he would like you to lose, but doesn't restrict you to a date on a calendar. And, it likely means that he expects you to take longer than a year to get the job done.

one of the hardest things has been not to compare myself to someone else. If you can get to a point of zen and accept that your pace is YOUR pace and instead focus on following the plan, the easier this journey will be.

good luck with your upcoming surgery!

laurie

^^^this. 

Great advice.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views