surgery tomorrow yickes

nhowe61
on 4/1/14 7:39 am

I'm a little nervous about surgery tomorrow but i am also excited.I have over 200 pounds i would like to lose to be at 130 i'm not sure if that is realistic or not . I will have someone with me for 5 days then i'm on my own i hope that is enough my daughter is here to be with me and she needs to leave sunday to get back home. I am so grateful she wanted to come.

I will be glad to get the exercise going and able to eat anything beside protein shakes i start to drink them and turn around and vomit!I was o****il about 3/4 of them way through my 2 week liquid diet then couldnt stomach them.Hopefully this too will pass.

any suggestions on what i should take to the hosptial with me?thank for letting me voice.....

Naomi P.
on 4/1/14 7:53 am
RNY on 04/21/14

I didn't have mine yet . But I wanted to say  Congrats on having your surgery.

i know most people say to take chap stick.

•  

Blackbird1987
on 4/1/14 7:54 am

I am going on 6 weeks since my RNY surgery! You are going to do GREAT! Don't worry! Just be honest with the nurses and let them help you while you are in the hospital. Manage your pain meds well so you don't feel sick and sleep when you are tired. Don't try to push your body too hard, but when you feel up to it, start walking in between your resting and it will help you heal a lot. 

Bring some comfy sweats to the hospital and some comfy slippers to walk around in, the nurses will want to walk around with you to start moving some gas out and help you start healing. Don't rush anything and just remember, tomorrow is the first day of your new life! You are going to feel so much better, look so much better and LIVE so much better! You are going to do fantastic! 

Blackbird1987
on 4/1/14 7:55 am

Also, your tastes may change after surgery so try going to a Vitamin Shoppe or a GNC and see if they have sample packs… try different kinds of protein because some may not work for you while others may be great! Don't worry, you are going to do great!

Ehbeagle
on 4/1/14 8:25 am - Virginia beach, VA

Congrats on your surgery!  As far as what to take to the hospital... Comfort items (favorite pillow, blanket), chap stick, book or tablet, comfy clothes to wear home...  I really didn't need much else.  Do what they tell you and you will be fine.  I was up and around within two days if being home and could care for myself.  I took a month off of work which was just right.  Rest when you need too and don't push yourself right away.  Good luck!

AnnyBananny
on 4/1/14 9:35 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Tomorrow is a big day! I'm just two weeks post-op and I'm already feeling like my new life has begun - you'll be here soon!

I read past posts on what to bring to the hospital and most people said things like "I brought way too much stuff!" so I took their advice - I took slippers, chap stick, my toothbrush and my cell phone and charger. Turned out the only thing I needed was my cell phone and charger! My slippers kept bumping into the IV thing when I walked so I just wore the hospital grippy socks, they gave me chap stick and a toothbrush! 

Oh, I did put a pillow in the car to put between me and the seat belt on the ride home and that was THE BEST advice I got. I hugged it on the bumps and stops and it meant the seat belt couldn't dig into me. I actually used it in the car for like the first 10 days or something.

I had surgery Tuesday, went home Wednesday evening, and by Friday I was feeling well enough to take care of sorting out my meds, get my own liquids and stuff. Thursday was a little hazy.

Good luck tomorrow!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

J. Montgomery
on 4/1/14 10:49 am - NC
RNY on 04/03/14

Congratulations!!! its here!! I'm so excited for you, I go in for my surgery Thursday, so we will be recovering together :) They have me on a two day fast before surgery, only clear liquids, no meat, milk or fiber. Boy am I weak this evening! You are very blessed you have your daughter to help you those first 5 days, from what I understand those are the most critical to have help. My daughter is helping me too, aren't we so blessed to have such great kids? Sending prayers for you to have a safe and speedy recovery!!!

nhowe61
on 4/1/14 11:55 am

Oh i wish i had been on a liquid diet for only 2 days i was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks and a clear liquid diet for 1 . All i had was protein shakes and chicken broth and water.so glad i'll at least be able to sip cream soups after the surgery loll. I reallywant to hurry and start living. thanks and i'll pray for you too.

MominAZ2014
on 4/1/14 12:21 pm
RNY on 03/27/14

I had my surgery on the 27th of March and starting to feel more energy but still in a lot of pain. Have a huge journey ahead of me but so ready for it. Did you notice that bruising on the outside started to show and get worse throughout the first week? I also have a lot of fluid swelling around my abdominal area that I am hoping decreases in the next few days.

indybuttercup
on 4/1/14 12:15 pm - Indianapolis, IN

So excited for u:) Go forth, feel good and enjoy your new life!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 430 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 310 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 310 views