I'm on the bench

bdaycakegirl
on 4/4/14 6:56 am

Had surgery April First. All went great. Came home yesterday. All is great! I am mainly focusing on liquids right now, and by next Friday my doctor wants me focusing on supplements and protein right now. Water is all I can manage at the moment, but I am getting in plenty to stay hydrated. :D

I will say that I am in more pain and discomfort than I anticipated, but it is getting better each day. So happy to have surgery done and start my new life! 

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

nhowe61
on 4/4/14 7:07 am

i just had mine on the 2nd of april and was also surprised at pain but all surgery has pain.I thought something was wrong with me that all i wanted was water. i tried cream soup bu****er is all i want.my doctor told me to wait to start the suppliments until april 10th when i get my check up. I hope you start feeling better too! take care

Kimberly K.
on 4/4/14 7:13 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Congratualtions! It will get better very fast. The first week is the hardest. I am two weeks out today and I feel great! Welcome to your new life!

Kim K.    

gtrdyfor50
on 4/4/14 7:15 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Gets better every day, hang in there!

Cunning_Pam
on 4/4/14 7:51 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Yay for you! Now comes the fun part, following your plan and watching the weight melt off you. You'll be feeling much better soon, just give your body a little time to heal up. Don't forget your walking, though!

Welcome to the Loser's Bench!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

JJ0609
on 4/4/14 10:58 pm

Welcome to the Loser's Bench! Congratulations! Remember to walk, walk, walk and drink, drink, drink your water and protein shakes all day and night. Do arm and leg raises and circles while in the bed or on the couch. That counts as exercise-lol! Keep drinking and keep moving and you will build your energy up faster. Good luck!  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

bdaycakegirl
on 4/5/14 3:03 pm

Thanks everyone! Love the advice! I am sooo ready for this! I love that I have not been hungry at all. Hope that lasts a while!

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?