Juice Stop

BigPoppa22
on 4/16/14 6:53 am
RNY on 03/21/14

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Juice Stop Smoothies after weight loss surgery? I am worried about dumping due to the sugar. How much sugar is considered high?

SandraF0823
on 4/16/14 7:36 am - CA
RNY on 12/30/13

I am still a newbie, but I steer clear of any juice, except the diet Ocean spray, which is 5 calories for 8 oz

jenorama
on 4/16/14 7:50 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Those smoothies are going to be pure sugar.  It may seem healthy, but it's really not.  If you feel the need to test for dumping, do it at home in a safe place.  I do not dump and everyone's sugar tolerance is different.  

Jen

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/16/14 9:02 am

Even if you don't dump--and you may not--those are lots of liquid, empty calories. It would be very easy to consume four or five hundred calories in one drink.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Cunning_Pam
on 4/16/14 9:07 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I looked at the Juice Stop menu. It looks to be a lot like Jamba Juice, which I used to love. Looking at the page with nutritional information, taking one of the smoothies as a sample, we come up with this:

Home Run smoothie - 335 calories, 80 (!) carbs, 3 grams protein, 4 grams fiber, 1 gram fat. I find it amusing that they don't include the amount of sugars present, but I'm betting it's close to 70 grams or so. Even if you add a scoop of protein powder, this is not a good food choice for post WLS. At all.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/16/14 9:43 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Smoothies are almost always a big no. Additionally, what's your post op plan with fruit?  Berries weren't ok for me until 3 months out due to the seeds. 

Stick to your plan: protein first!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

southernpeachnc
on 4/16/14 11:09 am

My NUT told me specifically to steer clear of juices. They're high in calories. We try to stay within 600 - 700 calories a day and it's not a good use of those precious calories.

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

chulbert
on 4/16/14 10:25 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

You should not as a rule be drinking calories, much less those liquid sugar bombs.

Most Active
Recent Topics