feel sick to my stomach all the time

nhowe61
on 4/23/14 7:56 am

I cant get protein shakes down and certain drinks. i am not sure what to do. ive tired several kinds but they all end up with me feeling sick.i can get food down without feeling sick and tea is good. please if you have any ideas pleases let me know.

Jen Lyn
on 4/23/14 8:13 am
RNY on 11/11/13

chicken soup flavored protein? stirring it into yogurt?  Also, I can't take vitamins on an empty stomach without getting sick.

It is miserable and I hope you feel better soon.

rvtisme
on 4/23/14 8:24 am
RNY on 12/16/13

I drink my drinks at room temperature, for some reason after surgery, I had a hard times with cold liquids. I can now drink cold items, but still prefer the consistency of room temp shakes (premier chocolate), and water still goes down quicker at room temperature.

hope this helps

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

poet_kelly
on 4/23/14 9:04 am - OH

I don't know when you had surgery or what is causing the nausea.  My idea is to call your doctor, ask what might be causing the nausea and how to treat it.  Also ask for a script for something like zofran.

If you can get down food and tea, then eat food and drink tea.  Don't drink the drinks that make you feel sick.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

nhowe61
on 4/23/14 11:07 am

I  have a script for zofran from before surgery i will try it tomorrow. I also bought some carnation breakfast drink it has 13 g protein so maybe i can get them down. thank you for all the good advise

rocky513
on 4/23/14 12:38 pm - WI

I became lactose intolerant after surgery.  Anything with milk in it makes me VERY nauseated.  You might want to switch to almond or soy milk.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?