Had an Endoscopy just 4 weeks after surgery

SReyes71
on 5/26/14 7:06 am

I have posted before about my issue with simply drinking water and eating anything at all. The nausea and vomiting were really starting to weight on me. I have had to go back to the hospital to get hydrated due to not enough fluids. My DR finally was like lets do an endoscopy to see if there is something wrong that we can not see from just the info your giving me. Endoscopy was done Friday. I have a large ulcer and my tiny stomach was inflamed. Thank God they figured out that there is something wrong. I have been eating and drinking EVERYTHING right not doing anything that I am NOT supposed to do. This was really getting to me mentally after a month of doing what I was supposed to and not getting any better was starting to freak me out. I am not yet sure what caused the ulcer. I have an apt this coming Friday with my Dr. So we will see. Its not like I am starting over. Taking meds and eating soft foods. But now at least the meds are healing my stomach and I can eat and drink with out getting sick although I am still taking nausea meds.

Just wanted to share. If you are having the same difficulty as I was and your doing everything right there might be something wrong that you can't see from the outside.

Lisa167
on 5/26/14 7:19 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Glad they decided to scope you and find out what going on!  Sounds like you'll be on the mend soon - hope you're feeling better :-)

SReyes71
on 5/26/14 7:38 am

Thanks I appreciate that :-)

Bluedog1925
on 5/26/14 7:30 am

I had the same issues with food and beverages. Mostly drinks. Had the same procedure last week but nothing was found. My surgeon had me double up on one of my post-op meds and that did the trick. You just never know. Glad you're feeling better!

SReyes71
on 5/26/14 7:43 am

Thank you and yes he did have me double one of my meds plus gave me an additional medication... I'm still l not drinking as much as I should but I feel I am improving.

gtrdyfor50
on 5/26/14 7:38 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I am sorry that you are going through this and hope that you continue to feel better.

Brimiller808
on 5/26/14 9:10 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 10/29/13

What a relief that they found the problem and you're now on the way to recovery!

DarlaP
on 5/26/14 9:44 am

Im so glad they found out what is going on with you. Im 7yrspost opt and have been dealing with the same issue since February.  After several ER visitsan at least 20 visits to my family doc, they have found I have a large ulcer between my new stomach and bypassed stomach and a leak on top of that. I have surgery next Monday to fix everything. But for now I am so malnourished that I have a PICC line and have to be hooked up to IVs at home and TPN (a nutritional feeding).

I guess what I wanted to say is that you know your body and please dont let someone tell you its nothing when you know somethings not right. I was beginning to think I was crazy and if I had not kept pushing the issue, I could very well not be here anylonger.

If the meds dont have you back to feeling A LOT better in a few days, go back to the doctor.  Take care and I hppe you are feelin better soon. Huggs. 

Darla

Spots- N-Dots
on 5/26/14 9:45 am

I'm so sorry you had to go through this but now your on the right path and moving forward... Remember to take the ulcer med as prescribed, as it takes a little while for that ulcer to heal. So glad your on the mend.

Debb

" Never let your dreams rust "   

Cunning_Pam
on 5/26/14 9:48 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I'm glad they found the problem and that you're on the mend now!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 369 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 149 views
Recent Topics