9th day post op

Bmspc
on 5/30/14 5:19 am

So ... I can't believe its 9 days post op. Crazy!! My abdominal muscles still feel sore and sitting up from bed is a challenge. I expected to have my abs rebound quicker. Lol. Silly me. I converted from clears to full liquids Wednesday, one week out.  I can't wait to progress to purée but am stuck on full liquids for TWO whole weeks!!!! Anyone else have to wait three weeks post op to go to purée? Anyway, I lost 10 lbs pre op on that dreaded liquid diet, and I have lost 10 lbs post op. Is that normal weight loss. I feel like I should have lost a 1/4 of a person being on liquids 20 days.  

poet_kelly
on 5/30/14 6:38 am - OH

Sounds like normal weight loss to me.

I was only on liquids for a week.  Well, a week and one day.  On clear liquids in the hospital, then on full liquids for one week at home, then pureed foods.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Grim_Traveller
on 5/30/14 7:04 am, edited 5/30/14 7:05 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I gained weight from surgery, and wasn't back to my starting point by nine days, so you are way ahead of where I was.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

christyhall
on 5/30/14 7:30 am
RNY on 04/28/14

I didn't have a pre-op liquid diet other than the day before surgery, but I also had 1 week of clear liquids and 2 weeks of full liquids post-op before pureed foods. You'll make it!

RNY on April 28, 2014 with Laura July at Unity Hospital in Fridley (Twin Cities) Minnesota.

Starting weight in October 2013: 350 lbs. SW: 275 lbs. CW: 242 lbs.

Ladybug81
on 5/30/14 9:52 am

I am 10 days post op and it sounds like we are on the same schedule with our diets. I got to full liquid on Tuesday and on June 7 I graduate to purees which to me does not sound very appetizing. What can we eat that will taste good pureed?

Bmspc
on 5/30/14 11:15 am

Great I would love to share ideas since we are on same schedule.  I'm not loving full liquids.  One more shake and I'll cry. Lol.  the reason I'm looking forward to purée foods is because I have a list made up. Some people I have read about cook a casserole with meats and put it in blender. I just can't do that. Not my cup of tea.  Yuck. I am thinking egg salad, Tia salad, salmon salad, guacamole, hummus...

Those are just some things that appeal to me. Any other ideas?

what day was your surgery?

beth

Ladybug81
on 5/30/14 3:03 pm

Oh yeah those are some good ideas. I was told to blend foods too which sounds gross. I wonder if we can do cottage cheese, I love cottage cheese. I love tuna too and scrambled eggs. I am going to have to call and find out if those things are soft enough because I was told applesauce consistency. 

Bmspc
on 5/30/14 10:58 pm

I have been gathering a running list of puréed food that I may enjoy. I can forward that to you if you like.  Problem is I cannot take another 10 days on full liquids. It's been 24 days on liquids including pre op

I am just pllain done. I found yesterday the best I could do was about 5-10 grams protein in a third of a shake. I have come to a point I cannot tolerate the sweet taste of these anymore.  Done. I will live in water and jello. 

Ladybug81
on 5/30/14 9:54 am

Oh I lost 10 lbs preop and 10 so far post op. 10 lbs in 10 days sounds pretty good to me.

Silverbelle69
on 5/30/14 8:13 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

I ;iked refried beans out of a can at that stage.  The only problem was keeping them warm long enough to finish them  LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics