2week pre op diet

Eno
on 6/10/14 9:52 pm - ocala, FL

Why do we have to do the 2 week pre op diet i asked my Dr. Front desk and she didnt know i thought i asked its too protein shakes and one meal a day. ?

poet_kelly
on 6/10/14 10:16 pm - OH

Any time you have questions, if the person at your doctor's front desk doesn't know, ask to speak to your doctor  or someone else that does know.  I'm sorry she was too lazy to get an answer to your question.

It's to shrink your liver to make your surgery safer and easier to perform.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

yankeescl
on 6/10/14 10:16 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

It is to shrink your liver so that your surgeon has more room to work when he does your surgery.  Good luck!

Eno
on 6/10/14 10:33 pm - ocala, FL

Thank you for the anwser im excited :))

And kelly yes she was very lazy kinda snoby were the same age shes extremely tiny and always gives me a disgusting look my dr was out of the office due to surgery 

WhydidIwait
on 6/10/14 10:55 pm
RNY on 06/05/14

You need to mention her poor attitude towards you to your doctor.  You should NEVER be made to feel embarrassed at your doctor's office!!!  I'm sure your doctor would want the feedback.  They want their patients to be comfortable coming to their appointments and haven't we all suffered enough?

The two weeks preop diet passes quickly.  Please make sure you follow it exactly.  At my doctor's office, if you gain any weight (and they might weigh you the morning of surgery), they cancel your surgery because they don't think you are ready....

Eno
on 6/10/14 10:59 pm - ocala, FL

Thank you i will be sure to mention something to him. I dred.to walk in there im 22 years old so is she an she looks at me ashamed. My diet containeds two shakes and one soild meal for two weeks and 3 days before surgery clear liquids it hard for me but i know i can do it.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views