Wow it's been two years!!!

SoCaPinkLady
on 6/12/14 11:09 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Two years ago yesterday I had my surgery!!! I have basically lost 50% of myself. Going from a size 22/24 to a sizw 4/6. I used to wear size 3x and pushing towards 4x just before surgery and now I can fit into most Med tops depending on the manufacturer.  I feel great and have no regrets. I'm pretty much open to anyone who asks me how I did it. But there have been a few that I just can not bring myself to admit to surgery with. I don't know why but it just happens.

I just had to renew my license!!!! What a great feeling that was to update my new current weight!!!!! and to have the old fat picture replaced with a new improved picture! I still have trouble processing in my brain when people tell me "you've gotten so skinny" I don't see myself as skinny and have no idea of what I actually look like because I still see myself as tha fat person in the group when I get together with my friends. The head is not so easily fixed as the body is. Luckily I did not end up with tons of excess skin giving I lost 50% of myself. But if possible I'd get plastics in a heart beat. I am over 55 (barely) and would not let age affect that decsion.

I don't have any recent pictures but will work on getting some to share. 

Lori                               

Blackbird1987
on 6/12/14 11:18 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! You go girl! That is such exciting news! :) Truly an inspiration! 

I started at 305lb and had surgery on 2/15 at around 290 and I am down to 226lb at 3 and 1/2 months out. I can't imagine fitting into a 4/6 size clothing! I am so proud of you! Way to go! 

SoCaPinkLady
on 6/12/14 11:23 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Thank you.  You are doing great!!!  Keep working towards your goal and you will get there. I never expected to get any smaller than a size 12 honestly so was very suprised each time I had to buy smaller sizes. 

Lori                               

KarenRaeV
on 6/12/14 11:53 pm
RNY on 06/03/13

Lori, Congrats on your success!!  I have a question for you...I just passed my one year surgiversary..I have been holding at around 162...will I still lose more?  ANd how much loss did you have at one year...I know the mal absorption is going top slow down so I want to take full advantage of this....I am a size 12 at this point.

SoCaPinkLady
on 6/13/14 12:08 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Hello Karen!!! Congratulations on your accomplishments!!! At 13 months I hit 100 lbs lost and I continued to lose weight, aproximately 35 more lbs. I hover now going up and down about 5 lbs. I keep myself in check and weight myself regularly to not let it go more than that. Well not let myself go up more. Although many family and friends tell me not to lose anymore but I take a loss when it happens!!!! Keep watching what you eat and if you like to exercise then go for it!! I hate to excercise and don't do it personally. But that's my choice I did not have this surgery to GET HEALTHY, I had the surgery to get Healther than I was so no dramatic changes for me. Kick up your routine, change what you're eating a little. Cut back on some snacks that may not be wise choices, drink a lot of water. I found hydration really made a big difference!!!!

Lori                               

KarenRaeV
on 6/13/14 12:19 am
RNY on 06/03/13

Thanks Lori!!  You give me hope that I can still drop some of this poundage!!  Hoping for another 10-15 lbs!!  I have let my hydration slip some and do dabble a bit with crackers!  I have a wedding in 5 weeks to attend and would like to drop some beforehand!!  I will get back on the straight and narrow!!  I had knee surgery and now my non-surgical leg has a torn tendon so I am in a boot...hafta do limited exercises but I can still do some!!  Just need to DO IT!!! Thanks for your quick response!

KarenRaeV
on 6/13/14 12:20 am
RNY on 06/03/13

Oops for got to tell you I anm 56 yrs old and aprox 5'6"

You?

SoCaPinkLady
on 6/13/14 12:49 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Oh Karen we could be TWINS!!!  Same here!!!

Lori                               

KarenRaeV
on 6/13/14 12:52 am
RNY on 06/03/13

Oooooooo such inspiration!!  YAY!!

mama_dee54
on 6/12/14 11:52 pm

Nice to see someone more my age going through this with great success. I am 54 and it was a hard decision for me. Do I let myself just stay the way I am and continue with health declining from so much weight, or try to change after all these years so I can enjoy the life I have left. I am taking the risk and going for it! Hope I have as much success as you without turning into a sagasaurus ! Congrats again !

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views