H. Pylori

gafoy
on 6/23/14 4:32 am - Vacaville, CA

Has anyone ended up with H. pylori after having surgery....I have the RNY in 5/2013.  I was just diagnosed with it at my 1 year check up.  I am worried that now that I have gotten it am I going to continue to be susceptible to it!?!.  Hoping to get more info from people who had RNY.

Thanks

eringudge
on 6/23/14 6:41 am
RNY on 07/28/14

I haven't had my surgery yet, but my husband had h.pylori several years ago. I don't know that you will have any increases susceptibility, but you definitely need to get it treated and wiped out as soon as possible, as it can cause severe ulcers. My husband suffered for three years with ulcers and abdominal/gastric pain because his went untreated for a couple of months (he didn't want to go to the doctor). 

I hope you get better soon!!

ebtiger24
on 6/23/14 7:06 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I had it and got some antibiotics for it.  No big deal. 

MichellesJourney
on 6/23/14 8:56 am
RNY on 04/09/14

What is H. Pylori?

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 6/23/14 10:23 am - Belleville, IL

Helicobacter pylori, (H. Pylori) is a bacteria that can live in the stomach and frequently causes Ulcers, Gas, Bloating and pain. H. Pylori is pretty common and one of the most common causes in people of Ulcers (Which can perforate, which can be lifethreatening).  The treatment is simple antibiotics, however you can only be tested for H. Pylori by your doctor (either a blood test or breath test).  Get the test done, it's fast, painless and easy to treat....I had to be tested BEFORE my surgery (was part of the requirements for RNY). Good Luck!

Warmly,

Just Ducky

White Dove
on 6/24/14 12:23 am - Warren, OH

About 2/3 of the world's population are infected with H. Pylori.

Most people never have symptoms and never know that they have it. 

Now that it has been diagnosed, it can be treated with antibiotics for a few weeks.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

jefferytmc
on 6/24/14 6:44 am

My wife and I had to be tested prior to surgery and I was positive, she was not.

I did my round of antibiotics, but was not re-rested, so it is just assumed the one round did its thing.

I doubt you are more susceptible, just take the antibiotics and hopefully all will be good.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

gafoy
on 6/24/14 12:52 pm - Vacaville, CA

I am on antibiotics , I was just wondering if anyone had reoccurring issues after getting it.  I get tested everytime I got in for a check up it part of my normal blood work.  It only showed up on my last visit, I go every 6 months for follow ups.  Thanks for all your replies.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views