yuck protein

Eno
on 7/9/14 5:11 am - ocala, FL

I need help im trying so hard to take protein.. I get 30 grams a day. 

I cant drink shakes or isopure with out gaging.. I been eating yogurt. To get protein in . what can i do im 2 weeks out. 

angeleigh
on 7/9/14 5:17 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

For 2 weeks out, what stage of food does your plan say? Mine was pureed or soft foods. And 30 grams the first 30 days is ok, my plan was 30 gram/30 days then 60grams by 60 days and 90 grams by 90 days.

Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, ricotta cheese with speg sauce, re-fried beans with taco sauce, chili blended up, chicken broth or any broth.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Eno
on 7/9/14 5:23 am - ocala, FL

Mmmm that sounds good im on the yogurt and cream soup stage i have been eating cottage cheese and yogurt but ahhh everyday its nasty.. Refried beans sound good and chili

angeleigh
on 7/9/14 5:28 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I had to try about 15 different brands of protein before I found one I could stomach, for me the smell of the powder kills me. So I tend to do the ready to drink ones now.

Eno
on 7/9/14 5:32 am - ocala, FL

Thats how i am.. I had the unflavor protein yuck i can taste and smell everything.

angeleigh
on 7/9/14 5:35 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I used to make a lot of sugar free hot cocoa. http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/12/bf-basics-how-to -make-hot-protein-drink.html

And now I find that I stomach the GNC Lean Shakes the best since they ready to drink ones dont have a crazy smell.

poet_kelly
on 7/9/14 6:37 am - OH

What shakes have you tried?  How have you been making them?

Greek yogurt is high in protein.  You can also add a little bit of protein powder to it.  If you just add a pinch, it won't change the taste or texture at all.

Are you on pureed foods right now?  Without knowing your meal plan, it's hard to offer more suggestions.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Eno
on 7/9/14 7:04 am - ocala, FL

I have tried whey protein vanilla and choc ... Premier protein and EAS and also unflavor protein from unjury..

My stage 2 meal plan.. Is cream soups v8 juice yogurt pudding instant breakfast fudgesicles and any protein drinks. I have been eating cottage chesse which isnt on my meal plan till next tuesday.. But it seems okay i havent had any problems i want to try egg whites my dr is on vacation so i cant ask him for the okay

poet_kelly
on 7/9/14 7:08 am - OH

Go to vitalady.com and order a whole bunch of samples of different protein powders.  Go to GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and pick out some different ready to drink protein shakes.  You haven't tried very many.

When you say you tried "whey protein" is that a brand?  Or you tried some brand of whey isolate or whey concentrate?  Because there are many, many brands that contain whey isolate and whey concentrate, and they do not all taste the same at all.

Add some unflavored protein powder to your cream soups and V8 juice.  Add protein powder to your yogurt, pudding and instant breakfast.  If you put a scoop of protein powder in a dish and add a pinch to everything you eat or drink all day long, but the end of the day you'll have gotten an extra 20 grams or so of protein.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

selhard
on 7/9/14 7:00 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Greek yogurt and chili have been and still are on my top list for protein likes.  At the very top, is my morning-made Nutri-bullet smoothie consisting of milk, keifer, flaxmeal, wheat germ, protein powder, frozen banana, frozen spinach leaves, and frozen berries.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views