Muscle soreness and tenderness

burghblonde
on 7/13/14 9:06 pm
RNY on 05/12/14

I have been having extreme soreness and tenderness for the last couple of days. It is very uncomfortable and is concentrated just blow the back of my neck, my upper arms, and my thighs. I take my vitamins religiously (multi, Calcium, D-3, B12, Iron) and am getting in an average of 80 g of protein daily. Could this be caused by some severe malabsorption perhaps?

I did have a tetanus and meningitis vaccine on Friday and at first I thought it might be the result of one of the shots, however it doesn't add up. Yes there are hard lumps on each arm (IM injections) but that is to be expected, right? I do have an appointment this morning with my PCP so I will have them look at these sites while I am there to rule that out.

Anyone else have this issue post op that was directly related to RNY?

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

MsBatt
on 7/14/14 3:38 am

Low D can cause muscle and joint pain. I know you say you take it faithfully, but how MUCH do you take? When did you last have labs drawn, and what was your D and PTH then?

If this has started since you got the vaccines, I'd assume that's the cause unless it persists for more than a week.

burghblonde
on 7/14/14 7:37 am
RNY on 05/12/14

I take 2000 iu D-3 daily. I have not had labs done since my surgery. Guess I should call my doc?

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics