life choice protein bars

Eno
on 7/25/14 1:14 am - ocala, FL

21 grams a bar what do yall think?

Karen518
on 7/25/14 2:02 am

Can you provide more nutrition information?

chulbert
on 7/25/14 2:06 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I don't advocate supplements; I recommend people eat real food once they are far enough out from surgery.  That said, these look pretty decent to me, though some might say they have a smidgeon too much sugar.  I still prefer Quest bars which have a slightly better nutritional profile and lots of fiber -- something RNY patients rarely get enough of.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/25/14 4:44 am

quest bars are junk. I not only dump on them but I also get severe RH after I eat one. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

chulbert
on 7/28/14 11:43 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I don't know what you mean by "junk."  Their nutritional information is the best I've seen in terms of total calories, fat, carbohydrates, protein, and fiber.  They do have a small amount of sugar alcohols that cause some people distress but I'm baffled on how someone can actually dump on something that has almost zero net carbohydrates.

Eno
on 7/25/14 3:50 am - ocala, FL

Serving size 1 bar

Calories 210

Total. Fat 8g

Sodium 125mg

Carb 14g

Sugar 7g

Protein 21g

Karen518
on 7/26/14 9:12 am

These have more sugar, fat and calories than the Pure Protein bars I use, but it's probably not enough to be significant if you only use them occasionally.  Food is always better, but they would be okay in a pinch-if you tolerate them.

TomN
on 7/28/14 11:19 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with

I'll add another vote for Quest bars!  Love them and use them pre run to keep from bonking late in my workouts!  All of that said, whatever works for you...I do think different people react differently to different foods and try to steer clear of the one size fits all advice.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views