Common Bile Duct Stone - Poo Color Change

gdesshill
on 8/2/14 3:48 am
RNY on 01/10/14

I went for my 6 month follow-up appointment with my surgeon. I always feel I have been very lucky that I have had zero problems. He asked me how I was doing and I mentioned that for the past few months my poo has changed from normal color to pale and yellow. I thought it might be too much fat due to malabsorption, he disagreed and said it could be a bacterial overgrowth which he said is common in RNY. Then he looked at my blood results which showed an increase of my Alk Phos. He then changed his tune and was worried I have a common bile duct stone due to my blood work and poo change.

I had my gallbladder removed several years before bypass but he said you can still have stones in your common bile duct. I am scheduled for an ultrasound next week. He mentioned that is a complicated procedure to have stones removed in those that have RNY as standard removal techniques (ERCP) can not be done because of the new anatomy. I have a few bouts of pain but have chalked them up to heart burn. He said if I had pain for 30 mins or more or a fever I needed to go to the ER immediately. 

I was wondering if anyone has had this experience? I am worried as the description of what needs to be done to remove the stones sounds incredibly complicated and uncomfortable. 

Thank you in advance for any information you might have. Enjoy your weekend!

Louise1974
on 8/2/14 7:04 am

MyLadyHeidi just had this I think, I wonder if you can PM her?  Be well.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views