Finally able to exercise! A bit of an update.....

Reinette
on 8/4/14 2:27 pm, edited 8/4/14 2:34 pm - Marlborough, MA
RNY on 06/16/14

Hi!!!!!  Today was my second day with a personal trainer, Saturday was my first, and I think I'm hooked.  Sweat poured off of me while doing whatever tortures Robin devised for the day.  Honestly it just felt good to move.  2 weeks after surgery I pulled a muscle in my back opening a door into my office.  Let me repeat.  A DOOR.  I'd never had a muscle freak out like that in my life.  So that seemed to take forever to stop hurting and then I was stupid enough to swim way too soon.  So it took a while before I was given clearance for actual exercise.  Though in jest she said I just wasn't allowed to open doors.  I love my doc!

Since it is Monday, I weighed in and I've lost over 30 pounds now.  This number is from the day of surgery to today.  It was frustrating though because for 3 weeks in a row I lost 2 lbs a week.  That number has jumped up a bit and I assume now that the exercising should help a lot too.  I've also starting working again at Barnes and Noble 2-3 nights a week.  Originally a firm 2 nights only but we have a bigger author coming in Wednesday and they want me to help with that.  I ran the Harry Potter trivia night last week and I had so much fun!

Being so busy this week, I went ahead tonight and made a bunch of stuff so I could easily pack noms:

Click Coffee shake made with a splash of sugar free S'More syrup.  Heck why not?

A modified version of Shelly's Ham & Cheese Breakfast Bites made.  6 servings with 14g of protein each!  I just freeze each serving, grab, and nuke for 30 seconds.  Yum and not just for breakfast!

Shelly's Ricotta Cheese Pistachio Pancakes I had to order the sugar free pudding online since none of my local stores carried it.  I made a double batch and froze the extras.  Made a total of 4 servings with 11g of protein each!

Pistachio pudding.  Do you sense a theme?  4 servings at 4g of protein each.

Other good news... The place where I work has decided to hire me on as perm!  No more temp, Cobra, or uncertainty!  I should be permanent next Monday 08/11.

I just want to say thanks to everyone here on the forum.  You guys keep me sane.  Well.... that would assume I was sane in the first place.

HW: 333; Weight at 1st visit: 318.6; SW: 304.4; CW: 218.4

Jenn S.
on 8/5/14 2:15 am - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Awesome, glad to hear you are on the mend.  I pulled a muscle in my back shaving my legs once so I can understand.  Glad to hear that is behind you and you're moving forward.  Congrats on the job as well!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views