Can I just rant-esophageal spasms

Sandie E.
on 8/10/14 3:11 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

So I have struggled with esophageal spasms and nausea and the they did the barium swallow test and gave me diltiazem/cardizem and I did well for a little while and finally nausea went away and then all of a sudden boom they're back and the med isn't helping that much. So she ups the dose to double and the dizziness and headaches are now horrible and nausea has returned and of all side effects sudden weight gain! I have been following the same diet as I am supposed to and within less than a week I gained back 2 lbs! Well I am going back to follow up on how the med us doing on Tues so we will need to try an alternative treatment. The pain from these is horrible and feels like a heart attack but the other stuff everyday sucks too! :( I just want them to fix it!!!

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

Sarah R.
on 8/12/14 12:47 am

I had this early out and they put on a muscle relaxer for the digestive tract and that helped them go away.

Sandie E.
on 8/12/14 1:07 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

Do you recall what it was?

bigmetfan38
on 9/7/14 12:38 pm - los osos, CA
Revision on 07/15/14

i just saw your post, and i have also been suffering from esophageal spasms. i had my surgery on july 15 and have already had one endoscopy with a ballooning because i had a stricture. now it's september 7, and i still haven't been able to eat any solid food! one more week and it will be 2 months on mushy food, and half the time i can't even handle that much! it's a struggle to get my calories in and i'm really struggling to get in the protein. i am really frustrated, but i will find out what the next step is tomorrow when i see my surgeon. i have lost 40 lbs since pre-op diet, started june 28th - i am not complaining about that ... i do worry that i will never be able to eat solid food again! it's a lot of stress. i was wondering how things are going and wanted to wish good luck to you!

Sandie E.
on 9/7/14 1:25 pm - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

No good for you!!! Mine are being managed with the medication for the most part. Are you on meds for them?

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?