Really scared..

Lisa H.
on 8/16/14 9:38 am - London, Ontario, Canada

I've had this exact same fear and was just talking about it to my husband the other day.  I'm sure it's a natural feeling to go thru just before having it done (i'm about a month away myself) but we just have to remember to take it one day at a time.  Live each moment as just that, each moment.  If we happen to fall off, just remember we just have to dust ourselves off and pick up where we left off.  Good luck!!

Orientation Hamilton: October 6, 2013 ECG: March 4, 2014 Blood work: March 29  Ultrasound: April 4  Nutritionist: June 16 & July 4th  Social Worker: July 4  Internist: July 24  Surgeon: Aug 13

AshleyAlive
on 8/16/14 2:39 pm

It's good to know I'm not the only one who has these feelings :) thanks for the words of encouragement and best of luck to you who have your surgery soon!

Starting a new journey to a new healthy life! ~ashley

Jocelyn F.
on 8/19/14 7:47 am - VA
RNY on 07/28/14

I had surgery last month and am doing well, but I get these bouts of intrusive thoughts about how I'm going to fail, I'm going to burst my stomach, I won't lose any weight, I'll still be fat no matter what, etc. These thoughts are nonsense. They are the death rattle of my yo-yo dieting mindset. Don't focus on the what-ifs, focus on the choices you're making to get healthy and reach your goals.

Oliviawashere
on 8/19/14 7:53 am
Most Active
Recent Topics