Liquid Pre-Op Diet

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 4:36 am
RNY on 08/26/14

*waves* Hi all!!  I have a question, venting, worrying here.... I have been on the pre-op liquid diet since Monday... I have NOT cheated in anyway. I have been on Opt-fast shakes, bars and soups. I have 6-7 servings a day as told, well was told 7 but sometimes cannot get the 7th in. I also have my 2 cups of spinach and cumbers as allowed with my soup at dinner with my son :) He thinks its funny! Lol 

ANYWAY! I have NOT lost any weight :( I am really worried here cause one would think I would atleast lost a little here... I really want my liver to shrink so I do not have to be cut open... What are some of your experiences with the pre-op diet? Any replies would be most appreciated.

My surgery is on the 26th after having struggled with this for 2 and a half years. I think today I am finally starting to realize its just a few days away... 

Thank you! 

jefferytmc
on 8/14/14 5:18 am

Just stick with it.

The body is not always straightforward.  

I doubt you have to worry about your liver not shrinking and all that, some do not even have their patients do a 2 week liquid pre-op diet and they still have non-open procedures.

Again, just follow the plan and you will be fine.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

GodsChildII
on 8/14/14 5:54 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

Hang in there and stick to it! It may not come off right away but more then likely you are losing inches that you can't see. You will be just fine. Try not to focus on the weight loss so much and just stick to the plan and you will be just fine.

eringudge
on 8/14/14 6:08 am
RNY on 07/28/14

That's only a few days! Have no fear. I'm sure you'll have a couple pound drop somewhere in your liquid diet. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 11:35 am
RNY on 08/26/14

Thank you everyone for the replies and encouragement. Like I said I think the nerves are finally setting in! Most definitely keeping at it :) Thank you again. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views