It's hard to make everyone happy, but it's easy to make yourself happy!

Lisa87
on 9/3/14 11:20 pm
RNY on 12/13/13

I am sure I have the same story other people have. 

My whole adult life my parent dogged me about my weight. My mother never weighed more than 110 lbs and it was easy for her to lose.

I have been on every diet and tried and tried and tried again to get my girlish figure back. 

Then I had RNY. 

I am only 8 months out. I have lost 90 lbs. I feel AMAZING! I am making changes in my life in ALL areas. It's funny how one thing can affect other aspects of your life. 

My relationships with friends, family, co-workers, and even husband have all been impacted by my choice to do something for me. Some things have been positive and some not. 

The other day I stopped by my dad's house for my weekly visit. Before we would eventually have the weight talk. He's complimented me a few times on my weight loss and has even said I could have done it on my own. ( He has no idea.... if I could have- I REALLY would have..) Now his tune has changed. Now the song he is singing is, " You better not lose anymore....." 

It's hard to make everyone happy, isn't it?

There's a small voice inside me that is getting louder and it whispers, " I AM HAPPY!  I AM HEALTHY! I AM BECOMING THE PERSON I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE!"

Lisa87 

5'4"

dlang057
on 9/3/14 11:44 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

I have a similar situation with my parents.  My Dad was against me having surgery and too said I should be able to do it on my own.  Now 5 months post-op and 100+ lbs lost he is my biggest fan. 

For me I need to listen to that voice inside me that is saying "I AM BECOMING THE PERSON I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE!" I need to learn to embrace the new me and this new life.  Life was so hard before and it really isn't that difficult anymore.

Congrats on your success thus far!

Laura in Texas
on 9/3/14 11:50 pm

Good for you!! Always remember how this feels and how hard you are working to lose the weight. Sadly many of us "forget" and slip back to old habits. Maintenance is so much harder than losing. Read the regain stories and learn from them. Always put yourself first and take care of your health. You got this!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Lisa87
on 9/4/14 12:02 am
RNY on 12/13/13

Thanks Laura!

I know this is the best phase right now. Things are clicking.....

I worry all the time about regression.

I pay attention to all the stories on the board about regain. A coworker and good friend had that happen to them.

I am learning to put myself first. I am learning to think about my daily intake of food and how to stay in control. 

I will come here for the support! I LOVE this place!

Have a fab day!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 460 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?