frustrated

smilin_eyes_58
on 9/18/14 8:10 am - IL

I am hoping for revision from band to rny.   Have had band empty due to acid reflux. So dr. Said after third unfill would do no good to try again with band.   The problem is that they keep bringing up that I was uncooperative with program with my band.   (First they tried to also told me I was unsuccessful also until I pointed out I had lost 100 pds and kept it off until acid reflux started.) They claim I didnt follow up with nut.   Etc.   I keep pointing out to them  they didnt tell me they wanted me to see anyone other than dr.  Long story short am I beating my head against the wall.  If they tell insurance I was uncooperative is there anyway possible insurance will approve revision?    I dont know what to do I keep explaining that I thought I was doing everything they asked.

Cheryl
5' 5 1/2"
HW 319/DOS 288.8/NOW 213.6/ 105.4 lostSurgery 1/21/09

bublegirl1
on 9/18/14 8:55 am
RNY on 11/10/14

That's seriously frustrating! Is there anotjer surgeon you can see? If not then I would let them submit for approval and pray it happens. You can always fight it. But I would tell the office people and doctor that you don't want them using that uncooperative nonsense because it's documented you lost the weight! I would think if they go through the troible of trying to get approval, they will use the appropriate wording because it would just be a waste of their time as well! Good luck and let us know what happens!

-Amie

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/14 11:32 am

I had the Lap Band done in 2007. I had to pay pout of pocket over 20K. A few weeks ago, Aug 27, 2014 I finally had the Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass. Different Doctor and what a difference! His team is really so professional. The other Doctor has retired. I first saw my new Doctor to help me because I could barely pass water. The Band was wide open but the Esophagus had become inflamed and almost closed the tract. My new doctor contacted my Medicare supplemental insurance, Humana, Regional PPO, and informed them my Body has rejected the Band and a revision and Roux-En-Y is needed. I am so happy he got this through for me. Find a new Doctor and don't wait. This is not your fault. I got a lot similar comments from the staff of the old Doctor too. They did not wish to admit failure. During the removal of the Lab Band my new Doctor found out why it had been almost impossible to access the port. It had not even been connected to the abdominal muscle! 

Keep at it. It is well worth the wait. Just today I had my Blood Pressure meds lowered! They say very soon I will be off them totally. I have already stopped taking my Metformin for Diabetes type II. I do not have it anymore, imagine that? 

Remember this, you are a most worthwhile person because God don't make no junk! Now go get em!!!!

Sherrie P.
on 9/18/14 11:34 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Find another doctor.

I was denied for non-compliance to start with - the last thing you want is a surgeon that is not on your side.

Start over - fresh in a new clinic, if you can.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

smilin_eyes_58
on 9/18/14 1:20 pm - IL

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.   I have already told this dr if they dont get me approved.   I will find another dr.  I am almost through jumping through their hoops I think.  I will let them submit and if not approved will try another dr.  Was just upset because it was mentioned again in appt with counselor this week and have been stewing about it since.   Again  thank you so very much for listening.  

Cheryl
5' 5 1/2"
HW 319/DOS 288.8/NOW 213.6/ 105.4 lostSurgery 1/21/09

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views