Almost at the end of one journey, starting another.

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/14 7:39 pm
RNY on 11/17/14

Hello,

I'm a new forum user, but long time lurker. I decided I might as well step in and introduce myself since I'm nearly at surgery date. My Surgeon (Dr. Giselle Hamad from Magee)'s assistant called me today and got me excited about how close we are. I only have my psych eval and nutrition eval on Oct. 1, but I'm not worried about those.

I started the first steps of this journey in May of this year, my first weigh-in was June 10th, and my last weigh-in will be October 7th. After that, everything goes to the insurance company for approval.

I'm nervous and excited. So far during this pre-op phase I've lost 32lbs, and I would like to lose 10 more before my surgery date. Which, if I figure 2-3 weeks for insurance approval plus 2-week liquid diet, will put me around November 12th. 

So, hi!

Is anyone else in the same time-frame as I?

mdaggett
on 9/26/14 2:57 am
RNY on 11/19/14

I have finished everything and am just waiting for my referal letter from my doctor then it will be the waiting game for the insurances approval.  I am praying to get the surgery done before the first snow fall.  November 12th sounds pretty perfect to me.  :)  I hope I am right there with you!!

Shirleyann_43
on 9/27/14 9:45 am

You are doing so good it looks like you can reach your goal without surgery; be careful if I can see this your surgeon will see it too. You have terrific drive and will power

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/14 7:00 am
RNY on 11/17/14

I'm actually having surgery for quite a few comorbidities and also to treat symptoms of my gastroparesis. I've sat and thought about going through with it. I'm really happy with how my weight loss is going, but I also know that my issues with gastroparesis will be life-long. I've had it for 5 years now, and it gets really bad during the winter time. So for 6 months of the year I am nearly bed-ridden. My gastrointestinal motility doctor agrees that gastric bypass could help me and even suggested it to me a few years ago. Back when I thought I'd get better. So it's not just a weight-loss tool for me, but a hope my quality of life will get better all around. 

Thank you for the kind words :)

annjillian
on 10/1/14 6:33 pm

hello! first off congrats i saw your post today that you finished your two evals! so your train is moving along! i myself am currently waiting to get my approval for the appeal of coverage for surgery. i too am choosing this route for other reasons relating to my obesity. i am praying for a november surgery date, my birthday is the 19th and id love to have a rebirth of sorts if that makes sense ha anyways, id love to become chat friends i can use all the support i can get and im sure you could as well! we all know not everyone understands what this whole process is like! so id love to hear back from you! but keep up all your hard work and ill keep u in my prayers that you have a wonderful and successful surgery :)

sincerely,

annjillian

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/14 6:22 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Congrats on moving forward towards your surgery and also on your pre-surgery weight loss!  

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/14 7:00 am
RNY on 11/17/14

Thank you so much!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?