Got a surgery date! Pre-op liquid diet question.

LessHumid
on 9/27/14 2:21 pm - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 09/18/14

On my two week pre-op diet, I used Optimum Nutrition Chocolate from Costco. It was, for me, the most palatable one on the market; I actually began to enjoy it. That said, post op it tastes like a glass of dirt. If I were you I'd order samples from different manufactures and try them post op. Everyone says your taste will change(I didn't believe it), it does.  Good luck! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/14 6:15 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Congrats on moving forward toward surgery!  I, too, love Premiere Protein shakes - and I also like Nectar Protein powder.  During my liquid phase, I bought the vanilla and chocolate Premiere Protein shakes, and the chocolate truffle and plain Nectar powder. Good luck!

Grandmaneice
on 9/28/14 6:25 am
RNY on 03/24/14

I use Body Fortress whey protein for my protein shake I drink every morning.  I have found it to be the cheapest.  You can get it at Walmart or sometimes Meijers will have it on sale.  A big container is like $16 or so. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk most of the time, or skim milk.  Don't care for it mixed with water.  The pre made ones can get expensive.  I do buy them when I go on a trip, and keep a couple just in case I am in a hurry.

Han Shot First
on 9/28/14 10:58 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I picked up the Premier Protein premade shakes for my pre-op diet.  They were 12 for $18 here, which seemed pretty good.  The shakes aren't too thick or too sweet, which were two things I was concerned about.  I've got the sample packs from Unjury and Syntrax Nectors to go through after surgery.  

Most Active
Recent Topics