Vitamins

Fatback2
on 9/30/14 8:43 am

my doc told me to stop taking B complex 50mg.  She said we don't take those anymore.  Can someone give me the (new) vitamin list. I guess I am old school now

poet_kelly
on 9/30/14 9:25 am - OH

The ASMBS has always said a B complex was optional. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Fatback2
on 9/30/14 9:53 am

Do have list of all vitamins I should be taking if so what are they

poet_kelly
on 9/30/14 9:55 am - OH

The ASMBS recommends an adult multi twice a day, 1500 mg calcium citrate, iron and B12.  Other vitamins, including D3, are based on your lab results.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Fatback2
on 9/30/14 10:28 am

thank you!

Chilipepper
on 9/30/14 11:21 am, edited 9/30/14 11:22 am

Please see the sticky at the top of the main page. Those are only guidelines. Not written in stone... You must listen and follow your surgeons advise.  PLEASE DO NOT TAKE VITAMIN RECOMMENDATIONS FROM A STRANGER ON THE INTERNET.  If your doctor says no more B complex, then listen to him. He has seen your labs. Get a vitamin list from him. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views