What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 9/30/14 10:18 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey all, I'm cheating on my Conference and skipping the 9am session - ha! I've been to 7 workshops, so I think I've been learning plenty! I'll head to a program at 10:30 and then I'm back to the real world, yippee! After around 6 weeks I'll finally be back home and to regular work for multiple days in a row, how lovely that will be.

I've done pretty well with my eating at this conference. All made possible by the mini fridge in the hotel room and Quest protein bars! But I'll be interested to see my weight tomorrow morning and will be thankful for my regular routine tomorrow. 

Time since surgery: 6.5 months

B: L&F Greek Yogurt with almonds and Fiber One

S: Chike, Coffee, and almonds

L: Quest bar on my drive home

S: Kay's Naturals something 

D: TJs chicken sausage with reduced sugar ketchup and steamed veggies

S: Cool Whip FroYo and SkinnyPop if I need it

TOTALS: Calories 996, Protein 87, Carbs 97 (eeek - hiiiiigh, maybe I'll swap the Kay's or SkinnyPop for something less carby), Fat 47

V/W: about to get started

E: I think this will end up being a rest day, but maybe a trip to the gym this evening if I can muster the energy

Hope everyone has a great day, can't wait to catch up with everyone!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 10:47 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey Anny!  Glad the conference is going well!  I'm impressed you are eating so well when you could succumb to greasy conference food.  Awesome :)  I am still fighting to lose the "weight" I put on over the wedding weekend.  I am the same weight as I was 12 days ago which means that month 10 will be a very disappointing weight loss month for me.  Just gotta keep working at it.  I have to go to Vegas next week - 6 am flight out on Tuesday and arrive home Thursday at midnight.  Sigh...another week of trying to keep a routine under less than ideal cir****tances...

Time Since Surgery: 9.5 months

B: Chike

L: Crab stuffed flounder from Trader Joe's with Old Bay seasoning made in the toaster oven - YUM!

S: Kay's Naturals honey mustard jalapeño twists

D: One Sweet Italian chicken sausage from TJs, one Toasted Coconut Vanilla Light and Fit with sliced almonds

S: Half calorie crackers from Fiber Gourmet with 1 oz of jalapeño havarti cheese

Totals are 1000 calories, 93 g protein, 73 g carbs

I just did 40 minutes on the Cybex Arc Trainer at a high resistance and then did strength training for 25 minutes, so I am feeling good.  I have realized that going to the gym in the morning really works for me since when I plan to go in the evening, I end up having plans or feeling tired...and now I have it out of the way :)  I got in 20,005 steps yesterday since I asked a friend to go for a walk in the evening and we walked almost 5 miles throughout DC.  It felt great!  I swear sometimes I can't believe my new life.  And my friends seem to like activity based hangouts instead of always going out for drinks.  [though they all can't wait for me to make my goal and drink champagne with them]

Have a great day, all!  Em

dlang057
on 9/30/14 10:51 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

Excited to see that you have the Crab stuffed flounder from Trader Joe's  on your menu.  I have one in the freezer that I need to try but have been a little hesitant.  I'll make sure I have it this weekend for sure!

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 11:48 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

It is seriously so delicious!  The crab is so soft and tender, and the flounder is flaky and delicious!  I find it needs more salt/spice so I spray some Reynold's Wrap with Pam, shake some Old Bay onto it, put the piece of fish down, put more Old Bay on the fish, and then put it in the toaster oven.  It's a protein packed delicious treat!  [Sorry Anny...I know you don't do seafood lol]

AnnyBananny
on 9/30/14 11:20 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ya TJ's chicken sausage!

I've definitely been feeling pretty good about my conference eating - but it seriously is down to you all! Posting my menu here day after day has given me so many important strategies for coping with less than ideal cir****tances and traveling, so the credit goes to y'all!

Rock that work out, grrrrl! I've stayed off the Arc Trainer for weeks. I keep telling myself it's because the foot hold things hurt my toes, but that's just an excuse - that effer is hard!!!

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 11:50 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

The accountability helps for sure.  Last night I was like, hmmmm what will I have tomorrow?  I put the flounder in the fridge to defrost and started to log in the chicken sausage and the cheese and everything...so I could modify as needed based on protein and carbs.  For me, it's a must.  The most dangerous thing for me is opening the fridge door and staring blankly inside.

dlang057
on 9/30/14 11:06 pm
RNY on 03/25/14

Good morning. I had my 6 month appointment with my surgeon on Monday and it went well. My labs were excellent and I had no deficiencies. He was pleased with my weight loss thus far, I even got a hug!

Working in the yard again tonight after work so that will be my evening activity. I will walk at lunch for 45 minutes as well.

Enjoy your day everyone!

B – Chike!

S – black bean burger

L – Wendy’s chili & string cheese

S – tropical fruit greek yogurt w/ ½ oz cinnamon almonds

D – 2.5 oz. sirloin steak

W/V – Have started and expect them to be on track today.

Totals – 966 calories, 95g protein, 63g carbs, 38g fat

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 11:51 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hell yeah he should be impressed!  You are doing awesome.  As we all know, people can eat around the pouch...I try to tell my friends how I can eat 1000 calories of popcorn quite easily and it's just making good choices every. single. day that is so important.  You are doing great.  Wait til you're below 200!  I started at the same weight as you and I am 100% sure you are gonna do it!!!!

AnnyBananny
on 10/1/14 3:26 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

That's awesome Danielle! It's fantastic when we feel like we're doing well, but it's nice to get outside validation from your medical professionals, right? Congrats, congrats!

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 11:10 pm, edited 10/1/14 12:55 am

Good Morning I had a hard time pulling myself out of bed this morning. I am doing coloring my hair so I think that will put a little pep in my step. I am so gray I just have been putting it off. I hate to pay to have it colored it is so short.

My son comes home this weekend he turns 21 I can't believe it.It seems like yesterday I was stuffing my face with macaroni and cheese and went into labor. I know it's weird I remember what I had for dinner that night.

B:Coffee 2 large ice coffees.

L:Eggs/ham steak and a teeny tiny piece of honey dew we will see how this goes.

S:Apple pie yogurt

D:Burger without the bun and a side salad

S:Yogurt

It does seem I sleep better when I eat a small snack before bed. 

vitamins are in so far liquids are going down. Last night my husband and I went out and he had a couple of beers and I had ice coffee. No more wine for me. 

Exercise is I am cleaning the whole house and keeping my closet and dresser clean so I don't fall back into old habits of being a major slob. I wish the sun was out. But every day is a good day.I have to keep on being positive.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 429 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 445 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 361 views