Need some reassuring words and some encouragement!

Holli R.
on 10/2/14 2:58 pm - Fort Worth, TX
VSG on 09/16/14

It looks like you're assuming 2100 calories per day to maintain your current weight.  I would bet that isn't correct.  In general, it seems that most of us who go for WLS have very effective metabolisms, meaning we need far fewer calories to maintain than does the average person.  Even just 1800 calories could be above your maintenance level and cause you to gain.

My suggestion would be to get rid of the crap and the sweets.  Don't buy them, don't let them in your house, don't look at them if you can help it.

Also, are you eating enough fat?  Eating a ton of protein with very little fat has been known to cause terrible food cravings.  Maybe try some full-fat (or low-fat, but definitely not non-fat) greek yogurt or cheese as part of your protein intake.

Good luck, and I hope you make it through this mental slump soon.

Height: 5'0"  HW: 289  SW: 279  

Next Goal: under 250 lbs

MyLady Heidi
on 10/2/14 7:44 pm

Why people own scales I will never understand.  Stay off the ****** eat properly everyday forever and this works.  Eat as you are now and never make goal and regain will be next.  It's reality.  This is all a forced diet.

ckm82
on 10/3/14 3:13 am
RNY on 03/17/14

Thank you all for the replies and the kick in the butt! I needed it! I put the scale away yesterday and got rid of the crap food. I like the ideas about eating a protein snack and more healthy fats. I got a game plan! Thanks ladies! 

Kathyjs
on 10/4/14 10:45 am

The first year after I had RYN , I was always in a frantic mode of omg what if I fail and I need to have food on hand I can eat . Now 13 years later I laugh at myself. I developed a whole new relationship with food. I did make sure I had protein on hand always. Please trust me, it's worth the journey

Most Active
Recent Topics