Little tiny low carb cheesecakes!

sparkling_dawn
on 10/14/14 5:27 am - New Castle, IN

Mini Cheesecakes

I got the idea from this site http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mini-cheesecakes-i/detail.aspx

But I subbed Neufchatel cheese for the cream cheese, Stevia for the sugar, left out the crusts.

The cheesecakes by themselves have 109 calories, 2 carbs and 5 grams of protein per cheesecake - without topping.

For the topping I smushed up 1/2 cup ripe blueberries and mixed them with some Stevia for the topping... spread out over 12 the calories from that were miniscule.

I topped with some Rediwhip! Yummy! And it's pretty good calorie/carb/protein wise! Woot woot!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/14/14 5:33 am

my problem with even Ok deserts is that they may trigger my sweet taste and I will not stop at one.. or 2 or 3.... 

they may be OK in moderation... but my meals are 200-300 cal per meal..  even if I try to justify that (3 = meal) i doubt things like that would keep me full as a normal meal would..

Did you just post about regain and trying to get back on track?  making desserts - even "so called " good ones ... was never a good idea for me when I try to get back on track.. My mind may tryto trick me that since this is "so good" I am Ok to eat them after my meal. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

sparkling_dawn
on 10/14/14 6:12 am - New Castle, IN

They are 100 calories and have 5 grams of protein. That's the same as a light Greek yogurt, but I enjoy eating these a heck of a lot more. I didn't gain when I took the time to cook things like this. I gained when I said screw it and started eating real sugar cookies, cheesecakes, ice cream, pasta and so on. So for me - this is a win. It's low carb and has no real sugar in it, so it doesn't trigger my sugar cravings.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/14/14 6:14 am

good for you... I guess you are the lucky one....

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

sparkling_dawn
on 10/14/14 6:19 am, edited 10/14/14 6:21 am - New Castle, IN

I've been eating close to 3000 calories a day prior to this - so cutting down to 1000 calories a day is drastic for me. I know text comes across differently than voice, but it comes across like you are judging me. I'm sorry that I chose to share this )-: And it's not a meal substitute - it's my dessert.

Chilipepper
on 10/14/14 6:33 am, edited 10/14/14 7:21 am

No comment.

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 6:34 am

She is trying to help.Don't be sorry for sharing this.I am sure some people can control themselves around desserts.I know depending how my mood is if I would house the whole tray.

I can get that way when I eat Power Crunch bars they are a protein bar but they have chocolate mint ones that taste like girl scout cookies and they feel like dessert not a meal.But I only eat them once in a while.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/14/14 7:13 am, edited 10/14/14 7:13 am

I was juts trying to help... I know that for me - desserts - rewards at the end of the day may be  a slippery slope.. . I have some "good ones"  and have that once in a while... then it may become every night thing.. then one day I don't have my "legal fix" but my SO has cookies at the house...so .. really how much harm one (just one) cookie can cause..???. except ... sometimes i get super stressed at work .. and one cookie will not help ..but 2 may.... and so on...  and before I know I finished a box of cookies... (or any other treat).   I know i had my regain... it was not a huge one - but my weight cripped up on my one lb at the time....  and it was a daily struggle to take most of it off... 

I think you may be the lucky one - that maybe be you need desserts like that to stay on track.. for me - that is slippery slope... I just shared what I know makes me slip and slide... 

I don't judge you... but maybe you can see yourself in me..and my failures... and maybe that will help you ask yourself - can I really have the dessert and stay on track.. 

BTW: 1000 cal per day - 6 years post op I can't do that on daily bases... way too low for me... my body rebels on less than 1200 cal..specially if I need to be on that for weeks to lose... 

I do best on 1200-1400 per day.. The weight loss right now is slow... but I can lose slowly (have 5 lbs I would like to drop)  but it would be easy to fit the holidays, vacation, and business trips... 

56sunShine14
on 10/14/14 11:16 am

I don't think she is judging you.  But you are right, things come across harder than in person.  I think she was asking a question and making a comparison maybe between you and her, that's all.  But I DO like your idea!!  Unfortunately, I am probably in the other boat...I would eat them all in one sitting. 

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 7:12 am
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views