every thing tastes bad

qtpebblz
on 10/22/14 12:25 pm

I am two weeks post op lap rny. Everything I try and eat either tastes bad or I get full only after a few bites. All fluids that have flavor make me want to puke. Any helpful advice or suggestions?

Jenn S.
on 10/22/14 12:49 pm - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

It is normal that you would get full after just a few bites.  My taste buds were all messed up after surgery as well.  Everything was super sweet. So all the different things I had bought to drink, I had to give away.  Even water grossed me out.  I found that the only thing I could drink and not be disgusted was crystal light. Eventually your taste buds come around and you enjoy things a little more. Hang in there.

Jill724
on 10/22/14 11:46 pm
RNY on 07/24/14

This is temporary, just hang in there! Try your water at different temperatures. The only thing I could stand for a couple days was cranberry juice. I did get 'diet' cranberry juice, but seriously for a couple days that is all I could tolerate and it had to be ice cold. After a few days this subsided!

Trouble1391011
on 10/23/14 12:38 am

I'm 3 weeks out and every thing is super sweet to me too.  I can't stand crystal light and I used to drink it all the time Pre-op.  I just stick to plain water now which I never liked before but now its ok :) 

chatterpam
on 10/23/14 3:55 am - PA

Hi Gang... I too went through this and it lasted about 2 months.  Just hang in there and your taste will adjust.  There are still a few things that I never returned to liking, but most came back.  

qtpebblz
on 10/24/14 8:14 am

Thank you all for your comments! Helps to hear I'm no alone. Hopefully this will pass quickly. Thanks again!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 359 views