Pimples, emotional meltdowns, oh my

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/14 6:34 am, edited 11/5/14 6:35 am
RNY on 11/17/14

I'm nearing the finish line. My surgery is 12 days away and I'm in the thick of my full-liquid diet. And boy, am I going through the wringer. Hungry. Irritable. Emotional.

Honestly, if I hadn't read the heck out of these forums and understood that my brand new facial break outs,  my crying in my broth for -zero- reason, and other out-of-character reactions are reasonably normal during the RNY journey, I'd be freaking out. But I know it's my hormones and body are going through changes that'll lead to a healthier me.

I'm in my chrysalis phase and will emerge butterfly-rific. 

12 more days. I can make it.

/I think.

KLNRDH
on 11/5/14 7:42 am

Keep your spirits up; you'll be on the other side before you know it. Good luck :)

Kris N RDH    

Age: 45  5' 4 1/2" HW: 298  SW: 261  GW: 150    RNY:  4/17/14 Dr Brams-Mass

Bubbles314
on 11/5/14 8:28 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

MissHolly, the liquid diet is the worst.  I had one for 3 weeks pre-op.  After surgery I had 2 more weeks of protein shakes.  By the time I got to the next step(puree) I was so wanting food, anything that tasted better than protein shakes.  Good luck, keep your eye on the prize, you've got this.  Just follow the plan.

QoftheU
on 11/5/14 1:30 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Yup - this is the ****  BUT, it'll pass faster than you know it.  And just an FYI - after surgery you may also have a roller coaster of emotional meltdowns - I totally did.  Anesthesia AND hormone dumping (fat cells house hormones and when you lose the fat...).  So just be prepared that it MIGHT happen... not saying it will but I wish I had been more prepared for it.

Oh, and CAN make it and you WILL make it.  One day at a time remember.  Just make it through today.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

dccyr
on 11/5/14 6:54 pm

Start an exercise program now, helps with the emotions.  even if you just walk.  best to try and start that new way of living now.  

SkinnyScientist
on 11/5/14 10:43 pm

" 12 more days. I can make it. /I think."

Yes you ARE going to make it!  You dont "think" that . You KNOW that.

You WANT this surgery. YOU WANT the healthier you.  You WANT to be able to buy normal sized clothes that are gorgeous at inexpensive prices. You WANT to life that is full, round, and normal that is also of normal duration.

Again, when you can, get exercising. Also consider meditation to help with your emotions as well.

Make a list of WHY you wanted the surgery. Post multiple copies everywhere. You will need it to remind you why you had the surgery,especially when times get tough. I am so close to goal now and "friends" are leaving cookies all over the place. I want the damn cookies..but I look at my list..remember WHY I had the surgery, ask myself HOW the cookie helps me accomplish ANYTHING on that list and promptly give them away. I am 10 months out and I use my list more NOW than I did in the first 2 months.

I will see you on the other side (i.e. when you get to goal). I am NOT going to wish you "good luck" because YOU DONT NEED IT. You need the surgery, your motivation/will to reach your goal, the meal plan your surgeon gave you, and the committment to see it through.  Since you have jumped through all the psych and insurance hoops, I KNOW you have all these traits.  Now see your journey through.

See you on the AWESOME "Losers" bench in the near future,

Skinny

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views