Stool question ... Sorry not to be gross!!

Megank1147
on 11/5/14 11:02 am

I had RNY on Oct 14th I am 3 week post op. I am not on protein shakes anymore at all. I am eating regular foods and tolerating them well. My only issue and question is that I use the restroom 2-3 times a day and they are very yellow loose stools. I am concerned because I've had pancreatitis before and it reminds me of then. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Sorry for the nature of the question but I really can't find any info on this. 

NYMom222
on 11/5/14 11:35 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I did have much looser stools and they were more a weird color in the beginning. I've read that is because of the malabsorption of fats, so it's just going through your system. Still have the weird color sometimes. Not so much this week but up until now I would go every other day or every third day, but on the days I went I went like 3 or 4 times that day. And I wasn't constipated either...I wasn't uncomfortable and it wasn't hard to go... it was just waiting until I had enough in me I guess...LOL Yup...things change.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Megank1147
on 11/5/14 12:48 pm

Thank you! I was wondering if I should go to ER and I'm not one to run to ER but I've been hospitalized 5 times for acute pancreatitis and this reminded me of those episodes so I didn't want to be ignoring a major health issue. I know I've read various things that can go wrong with liver, gall bladder etc after surgery wasn't sure if that was me. 

dccyr
on 11/5/14 6:51 pm

Perfectly normal, happened to me.  all is good now, body is adjusting. 

SkinnyScientist
on 11/5/14 10:34 pm

Happened to me too!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

greatwitness
on 11/6/14 6:36 am

I am so glad someone made this point.  It's not much I can eat without making poopies.  I went from being totally hard to move to everything I eat flows straight through me.  I don't know whether to cry or be happy.  It is a bit inconvenience, but what can I do?

Megank1147
on 11/6/14 6:44 am

I know one thing I have adjusted since the surgery. I do not eat anything until I get to work in the morning. I only needed it to happen one time on my way to work to learn that lesson. Circle K bathrooms are not where I want to have my morning bathroom "runs". I appreciate the responses letting me know this was normal. Greatwitness I have learned that MILK is a NO NO for me now. That goes through me very fast. I have switched to Almond Milk and don't have the same response. Still yellow loose stools but not the explosive symptoms milk was giving me.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics